Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fabric Bonanza!!




Well not much achieved on the quilting front this week due to two days with hospital appointments, one day looking after one of our grandsons who wasn't well and visits with a dear friend who is very unwell.

However, yesterday my fabrics from the new Kaffe Fasset and Philip Jacobs range arrived:


The ones above and to the right are the blues and
greens, plus the lovely lime Millefiore, I had also
ordered a lovely Yellow Brocade Paeony but that
one wasn't in so will have to order that later, I
can always find more fabrics to make up another order - no problem at all.
Three of the colourways for Brocade Paeony are here on the right, really fell for this pattern  but these small shots just do not do them justice you really need to see the full width of the pieces. These are all one yard each.
 I am not usually fond of grays but because of the other colours in there I needed to have some, I already had bought two yards of the Gray Brassica a few weeks earlier. Have no plans of course for a particular project using my new pieces, for the moment they are sitting on my cutting table where I can just walk past and stroke them.
These four are the last, apart from two more yards of the  Pear Aboriginal Dots  which I adore.

I have also ordered three of the sampler rolls which are a mix of the new fabrics, couldn't say no to those when I saw them on  the quilternity site. Those will probably be only a few days away.

The only thing I have done is finished cutting and fusing a block designed by Ryan McKenna, I bought the nine blocks in the set about two years ago but after spending absolutely ages cutting around the small pieces I am having second thoughts about trying to do any more! My quilting will be on the back burner for a couple of weeks soon as I will be having the carpal tunnel operation on my right hand. I can already feel withdrawal symptoms setting in. I will post a shot of this block next time. As I have based my post really around my new fabrics here is a photo of a quick table runner I made a short while ago using Kaffe Fasset fabrics, which as you will have guessed I absolutely adore.



I had great fun making this and would love to make a full size quilt with this simple nine patch and square.



Okay, lunchtime  so have to dash, hopefully more of quilting next post - before my op.
Have a good week.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are right, the 9 patch and plain block is perfect in the Kaffe fabrics. The fabrics want center stage. 16 patches are fun too.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Thank you for sharing! I so love the top collection.
Can't wait to see what you make
Cheers
Linda

Shelley said...

Oh, the joy of receiving new fabrics in the mail! Enjoy :)

imquilternity said...

Mmmm... isn't new fabric such a treat? I was just looking at the new fabrics and realized just how much I'm going to miss selling them. Maybe I'll reconsider and continue to sell FQ packs and jelly rolls. That's something to think about...

Your table runner is beautiful. Great fabric and color choices really make it stunning.

Hope your surgery goes well. What will you do instead of sewing/quilting while you recover?