Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Home Sweet Home - RSC 2016 and Oh Scrap!

Two more houses in brown, not a colour I am at all fond of!
One of these needs some adjustment, I'm just not happy with it.

The first one is especially for
Sally T
who thought it would a good idea if Kaffe Fassett produced
fabrics with cats on then I could fussy cut them
for the windows. Didn't think that was going to happen
but I did have a little fabric tucked away


enough to cut two windows and one door!

Second house


How I am going to make four brown stars I do not know!!

I should have begun cutting  Gypsy Wife over this weekend
but can't find my pattern book anywhere, I have taken my sewing studio apart,
well more or less and no luck. Another pattern is on the
way from up North and should be with me on Tuesday.

No flowers today but I'm going to link with

Angela at RSC 2016 today

 Cynthia and Oh Scrap!


Enjoy the weekend

Maureen

15 comments:

Sally Trude said...

Now you're going to be letting cats in and out depending on their whim. And by the way, any of Kaffe's lotus leaf fabric qualifies as brown and would make an interesting star. Let me know if you need a care package.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your house blocks in BROWN turned out well. Not sure what displeased you. Have FUN with your Gypsy Wife QAL!!

Leeanne said...

Tough to sew colours you aren't too fond of, but you have done a good job, I like the cats in the windows.

gayle said...

Love the kitties! And the houses look great, even if you don't like brown.
I have to admit that I like brown a whole lot more than I did a year ago, before I joined the RSC. One of the many things the challenge has given me is a new appreciation of colors.

Nell's Quilts said...

You did well with the brown houses. The additional colours in the Kaffe Fassett prints really spark things up.

Ann said...

How cute to put cats in the windows. They do like to come and go as they choose.
Congrats on using such pretty browns when you don't like the color.

Nancy J said...

Cats in the windows,... what a perfect little house.

Julierose said...

"How much is that kitty in the window--meow meow" lol so cute....i love how your houses came out...a lot of pieces in them...hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

They look like log cabins with flowers growing all over them. Wouldn't that be a nice place to live? The frolicking cats add that little bit of whimsy every quilt needs!

Angie said...

I'm envious that you have some brown Kaffe prints to use - my collection is not that deep yet. The houses look great to me!

Kaja said...

These look pretty good, especially the one with the cats, even if they are brown!

scraphappy said...

Even if brown is not your favorite, it has a role to play in the finished quilt. So many colors can all play together in the end. Pretty blocks.

PaulaB quilts said...

Maybe if you just think of dark chocolate the brown will,be more appealing. Anyway, the houses are both very nice and the cats seem to be right at home. Have a good time when your pattern comes.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I groan a bit every time the color brown comes around. But I am always happy I made the blocks. Your blocks look great! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Marti said...

I'm not a big fan of brown either, but I do love your kitties fabric. Your blocks have some nice colors in with the browns; I like that.