Waiting In The Wings

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A frustrating two weeks!

Two weeks of dealing with my back problems,
no fun at all especially with lumbar spasms which floored me
for a week!
So time spent dosed up on pain medication which in addition
to the back pain and immobility rendered me semi-comatose!

One up-side of all this were the sunrises in the mornings when
I couldn't sleep.
A stormy day ahead

A better day

 No quilting until yesterday when I found the time and energy
to sew the ready pieced borders on the collage piece for
the Gwennie Inspired Medallion.
Gwennie Inspired Medallion
Poor old Leila (former known as Tallulah) was in the vet clinic for spaying. All went well surgery wise but she was really antsy afterwards. A nightmare at
home trying to chew through stitches, the result was back to the clinic
for four small syringes with a dose of pain meds in each, and one of those
Elizabethan Collars, referred to as E Collars by the vet nurse which slightly
confused my husband!!!

Here is the patient this morning, not at all happy as I think you can see.


Time for a feed, both for her and us,  hopefully back in action
with my quilting tomorrow. Woefully behind now with my WIP's,
hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

Update - linking up with Kaja and Ann at AdHoc Improv Quilts

Enjoy your week.

Maureen

20 comments:

Leeanne said...

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing pain. I like that you are looking for the positives like the sunrise. Oh your poor cat reminds me of one of our cats when he had to have his tail amputated due to any injury, he had to wear one of those collars too, he absolutely hated it! He was one very depressed cat for SIX weeks! Good luck and may your back heal soon.

Marlene said...

Hope your back is improving and you can get back to a bit of sewing. Gorgeous sunrise. Hope Leila is also feeling better.

gayle said...

Hoping you and Leila both mend quickly!

Nancy J said...

Those collars, our Poppy had one, and hated it, when I had to take it off so she could feed, or else I had to have the food in a small flat dish so close. And lumbar spasms, you will be immobilised instantly when they happen, hope that gets sorted out soon too.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Clever use of that stripe Maureen! I love how this basket is progressing! (It's very similar to your 2nd sunrise pic, was that intentional!)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

p.s. glad you are feeling like doing a little bit of sewing, take care.

Julie said...

Lovely sunrises and that border!! Hope you and your cat start feeling better soon.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Oh dear, two poorly girls at your house. Hope you both feel lots better soon.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful quilt, beautiful photos. Pain has a way of reducing everything into just survival despite our best efforts. I was in an MRI tube this morning to determine if my neck is my migraine contributor and laying strapped in there with my neck immobile has me now in big pain. Just make sure you don't try and make up time and push your body too hard. Take a lot of photo breaks- you are so good at it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Take care and go slowly -- the WIPs will wait. Healing is more important. Hugs to all!

Louise said...

I'm glad YOU don't have to wear the E-collar! Hoping you're both feeling better soon.

Sally Trude said...

Love the new border. I especially like how the green wedges compliment the falling leaf. Hope you are feeling much better. And now I'm going to look into E-collars for Molly and Buddy.

Kaja said...

I'm sorry your back has been causing so much trouble - it sounds just horrid. Hopefully you are on the mend, but I echo Julie - take it easy until you're sure you're well and truly better! I love the new border and am still really enjoying this colour scheme.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'm laughing at Louise's comment! that is lucky, but awful to have a bad back. I hope you're feeling better. The sunrises are beautiful and I love where you are going with your medallion!

Jo said...

Great fabric use for the pot and the border, hope you are doing better!

Raewyn said...

Sorry to hear about your back problems, I hope that some time spent on your Gwennie quilt means that you are on the road to recovery? It is looking great, by the way. Hope Leila recovers quickly too. (Gorgeous sunrise photos!)

Marly said...

Take care of your back; those quilts aren't going anywhere! They'll wait! I love your basket medallion and the latest border is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better. Back pain is the worst - hurts standing,sitting, laying down, getting up!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better. Back pain is the worst - hurts standing,sitting, laying down, getting up!

Teresa in Music City said...

How awful for both you and your kitty to be suffering at the same time! She will be so much happier once she heals and doesn't have to deal with coming into heat anymore, although I'm sure she thinks you are trying to kill her right now LOL!!! Praying you both feel better and better each day!!!