Waiting In The Wings

Saturday, July 15, 2017

A little more Gypsy Wife and fabric goodies

It's been one of those weeks where a lot of time has been
spent on thinking about WIPs and projects I should like to
make a start on over the next six months. Problem is there are so
many quilts on my "hope to do" list.
Added to the mix is the need to really sort out my fabrics, seriously my
scraps boxes need attention,
also I've been looking at up-dating my Mac computer to
the new model, this needs quite a bit of thinking time.


I did make a little progress with GW and below is the
far left hand side of section 10, I've changed out two of the
square in square blocks and made a wee kaleidoscope.


Three more blocks ready to go, the first one has a fussy cut
of the new range from Anna Maria Horner - a bit blurry for some reason





Goodies in the mail and brought home from the store, the
first two photos are store bought locally 



This one below are three of my favourites from AMH received in the
mail with a few others.


I fell in love with the patterned fabric below after seeing


the dotty fabrics I picked up again at a local store, not
particularly to use with the tropical fabric but just because I liked them
then when I was taking these photographs I thought
they looked quite good together.

The weather here has been atrocious, wild and wet and cold!
Today the sun is out, still very cold and impossible to walk
on the grass in the back garden, but in my front garden
my favourite camellia is blooming - Lovelight


and was I surprised to see these little beauties peeping out


my lovely tulips from last year, I can't believe they're coming up so early!

I'm off to make the most of the sun by putting a load of
washing in the machine and hoping I can hang it on the line
to dry.

My weekend is going to be spent dealing with everything
mentioned in my first few lines of the post so I'll head off and make a start,
possibly a nice cup of tea would help the process!

Enjoy your weekend and happy quilting.

Maureen

19 comments:

Debbie said...

When we are close to 100 degrees here, a little cold day sounds wonderful:)
Every quilt makes my scrap bins get larger.....

Clare M said...

Absolutely delicious fabrics. It can be so difficult to decide which way to go next with your stash. Have fun Maureen.

Leeanne said...

The sun is shinning here too, doesn't it lift the spirits? Clever fussy cutting and that pinwheel looks quite small?

Julie said...


Those "want to make" lists, never decrease. I ad washing on the line and on the clothes rack in the sun today, such a beautiful day, cheered us all up.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Your Gypsy Wife is the best!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You have some pretty new fabrics to dream on! I need to sit down and do some planning too after getting one older one sewn and another almost to that point. I need to cut up my newest fabrics too.

Julierose said...

Gorgeous fabrics--love that AM Horner one...I am re-thinking my quilting agenda also; so many I want to make and a whole lot of "false starts"--these will be small pieces...
I love your Gypsy Wife--it will be just so evocative...hugs, Julierose

Louise said...

My scraps are out of control, too! That camellia is so gorgeous :)

Ann said...

It is important to prioritize our lists and review them. Truthfully, we'll never get it all done so we should finish the ones that interest us most. Love your fabric selections. Every time I get a glimpse of your garden I realize how you are so good selecting fabric. Beautiful!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Must be the time of year - there is a lot of re-evaluation going on in my studio, too. Several things have been set aside to be given away so that I can focus on what I want to work on the most.

O'Quilts said...

I love AMH coneflower fabric...and did you go to Rachel's workshop...seems so close to me..You must be feeling better to be able to think...I hope so. I would so like to sit for a cup of tea with you xox

Monica said...

Your Gypsy Wife blocks are looking so gorgeous, Maureen! I'm realizing that I need to try pairing more bold fabrics like this. I've been looking at my WIP list too today. But then I put it away!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Oh dear my scraps are outta control too! Plus all my 'false starts' are adding up... still, I've decide to bundle up a few things & pass them forward. I'm focusing now on making what makes me happy!
Your GW is looking good, must be nearly there? I've stalled horribly on that one
too, not really into sampler quilts at present.

Kaja said...

Your GW continues to look luscious! As for all those new buys, not a one I don't like and I'll look forward to seeing what you do with them. I don't make quilting lists - it would drive me mad, I think.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Every fabric you posted is luscious. The blocks are terrific. Can't wait to see more of your work!

gayle said...

Enjoy playing with those bright new toys! I love your colors!

Kate said...

Lots of fun and colorful fabrics. Your Gypsy Wife is coming along beautifully. The fabric and scrap organization never seems to end. Hope you've been able to make progress on that front.

Sally Trude said...

I envy your hints of spring...and given the glorious weather here...shame on me! I look forward to gardening here where hydrangeas are like weeds. And thanks for more glimpses of your Gypsy Wife.

Janie said...

I enjoyed hearing about all your projects!
I think your white camellia is a beauty, and tulips coming up, wow.
The dots with the tropical fabric do look great together.
Thanks for sharing.