Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Projects - present and future - and a visit to sew stitch snap SHARE

We're still in Winter, at least officially, but this beauty
was flowering yesterday


and heaps more all ready to open, the scent is out of this world.

I've finished my Golden Strips top


I had to lay it on the floor to take the photo, not enough room
on my design wall and the morning light was brighter than
I would have liked for photographing.

Here's a close-up with one of my favourite fabrics with
the gorgeous roses in Yellow Floral Delight, a Philip Jacobs design.


I 'd decided there was no more room on my book shelves for any
more quilting books but then I succumbed to this one,
it arrived in the mail a few days ago


and it's another glorious publication!!

One of the first quilts which caught my attention was this one


and it really is brighter than it looks here.
I have lots of the KF  stripes and his shot cottons so
this is on my list, the best part is I don't need to think about spending
on fabrics.

My Little Bits blocks are coming along slowly, there's quite
a lot of cutting in this one. Placement is supposed to be random, it is a scrappy quilt
after all,


but I'll make all the blocks before putting them up on the wall
and play around with them.

Paying a visit to 
Linda and Julie
for
sew stitch snap SHARE



18 comments:

Julierose said...

Just love your strips and those little Bits are really great...
hugs, Julierose

Leeanne said...

Your Golden Strips quilt is beautiful it has a real warm glow, I love the pops of the spiral/snail shell fabric! Mmmm books.......they are naughty aren't they they make us buy them!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such wonderful glowing colors, but not overwhelming. The Little Bits are over the top cute.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Golden Strips looks great. Your choice of scraps always look spectacular together so Little Bits should look wonderful when you are done.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your 'golden strips' quilt is looking lovely! I've seen it done before in Kaffe's smaller scale Liberty Art fabrics.

Julie said...

Loving tour Golden strips quilt, I'm not a huge fan of gold/yellow but this is so warming. I', waiting on the Kaffe book from the library - dare I ask how many of his you own? Thanks for linking to Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE.

Anonymous said...

wow your golden strips is awesome,love the colours,well done xx

Debbie said...

Love the golden strips quilt top....warms up any spot it lands:)

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love your golden quilt top - sunshine for every day of the week! I am resisting the new KF book -- I love the photos and the inspiration but I rarely make the quilts featured in his books. We'll see how long I can hold out.

Ann said...

Your gold quilt top is the same colors as your flower. No wonder it looks so good. I'm glad you're using your scraps, too. So much better than letting them molder in a bin. I'm making templates for various butterfly blocks.

O'Quilts said...

the top is awesome...I am jealous...I cannot get on the floor..Glad you like the book..me too and I was also drawn to that pattern..Thank you for your nice comments..xoxo

Janie said...

I was wondering what you were up to! Still winter and you get beautiful flowers, nice.
The new Kaffe book looks good, he is going to give a talk here in September on color and design
inspiration. It should be good. Maybe I'll go. I've heard him speak before, very interesting.
Your work is lovely, Maureen.

Sally Trude said...

Golden strips is so luscious. And I like the look of varying depth across the planks. And yes, now the windmill pattern is calling my name too, and I am in no position to even consider starting a new quilt! Do you think you will use foundation/paper piecing or improv?

Clare M said...

So deliciously warm and inviting those rich golden colours. Not a lot left to say as I agree with all the comments on how lovely it is. Love your scrap blocks too - my favourite of course. Now looking forward to seeing your new KF quilt.
Clare who is patiently waiting for her freesias to burst open..

Monica said...

Golden strips turned out great! Very warming for winter. :D

And I agree, that spiraling Kaffe quilt is quite effective.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Love that spiralling block. I wonder if they purposefully shifted the stripes to get that effect or if they just got lucky. I might just have to buy that book too.

dutchcomfort said...

Love your Golden Strips top!it looks so color- and beautiful!

gayle said...

Those Golden Strips look like a perfect warming pick-me-up to get you through winter!
And no wonder that stripy whirligig quilt caught your eye - that's just stunning! I'll happily cheer you on as you make it!