Waiting In The Wings

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Little Bits, Stash Enhancement and Desert Rose

A little while ago I posted about a quilt pattern which I thought
I would like to make - 'Long Time Gone' - I shelved that idea
but it would have made a great title today as I have
been a Long Time Gone with my blog posts!!

Ill health is the reason but I think I'm now recovering
pretty well and moving forward.

Little Bits Quilt


I now have all the strips and triangles cut so shouldn't be long
before this is together, just the first two rows here.






Stash Enhancement


Julie over at  justjulielou blog
posted a photo showing  a piece of Jennifer Paganelli
fabric, I've been trying to track down a shop here in Auckland
which stocked her fabrics, Julie kindly
passed on to me details of one which had a sale on, the above
was the result.
Two Jennifer Paganelli fabrics are in the pieces above and that was really
all I intended buying but they had a few end of bolts on sale,
the purple and lime green came home with me!
Five and a half metres in this piece, I can see a border for a future
quilt.

Desert Rose


was the first QAL I ever took part in - it's still not
finished and that was four years ago!
I've designated Friday as my day to work on
any WIP quilts and this one is first in line.
Only the centre block is true to the original pattern,
I baulked at the applique in one border and from then on
I went my own way! Two more rounds will be added.

Linking up with
Linda at kokaquilts
and
Julie at justjulielou
 for
sew,stitch,snap,SHARE

Happy Quilting

Maureen

21 comments:

Julie said...

Always happy to help someone spend $$. I love how your little bits quilt is looking, all rich and moody, with those colours. Thanks for linking to Sew, Stitch, Snap, Share.

PS: Your fabric will be in the mail next week.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your 'little bits' quilt looks wonderful, a lovely play on the lights & darks. I'm always on the lookout for ways to use my scrappy stash, I'll keep this one marked. And you've got a few new lovely greens there, the 3rd from the top looks interesting, floral & tropical-ish?

Leeanne said...

Lovely goings on, it doesn't matter how long they take to make. Good to have friends who can direct you to spending money on fabric :-)

Linda said...

Great new additions to your stash. Good idea to designate a day to finish WIPs. Love the quilt you are currently working on. Hope your health continues to improve.

Debbie said...

Glad to hear and see your return to blogland. Love the new start/continuing I guess it is. New fabric is so you. Glad your health is returning. It is such a slow process and takes forever to come back from any bump in the road. We just have to keep moving forward.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The colors in the 2 quilts are just amazing. I could just look and look at them. The first quilt is made from strips cut into triangles and triangles sewn in pairs? It is so beautiful.

Julierose said...

Happy to hear you are feeling better now....lovely fabric enhancement...have fun hugs, Julierose

Louise said...

I'm sorry you've been ill, and glad you're back! Working on WIPs on Friday is a good plan. I really like the Desert Rose piece. Trying to recall if you ever do applique? Or did you just decide on that QAL to skip the applique part?

Clare M said...

Love them all Maureen. Your quilts are always full of richness in their colours. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I do on Tuesdays the same as your Friday. Sure is a great way to finish UFOS. Goes without saying that I love your fabrics. Take care. Hugs Clare.

Ann said...

I like the idea of using one day a week for ufos. Good way to keep them moving. Speaking of which, I’m glad you’re up and moving again.

Audrey said...

Great idea to designate time to ufos. Hope you really are returning to good health. It's no fun otherwise.

gayle said...

I'm so glad you're starting to feel better! I hope it continues, and at a faster pace.
I love both these projects, especially the Little Bits. Those platefuls of bright happy colors are making me smile!

Sally Trude said...

Your "Little Bits" delivers big bits of beauty. I'm glad you're feeling better...your posts are always such delightful glimpses of colorful beauty.

Janie said...

Maureen! You're feeling better, good.
That's beautiful fabric you have now to work with.
And your first two rows are looking great!

Monica said...

You have great colours there in Desert Rose. It is still standing up! And all those greens in your new fabrics look very promising. :D

Carli The Quilter said...

Bravo, I recognized your identity photo from joining up at the same time to work on the top from Jen Kingswell. lovely to catch up with you again. My oh my, lots of fabulous work here. I'm coming back for another look! I found you with the linky party.

O'Quilts said...

Oh, my goodness...Desert Rose is stunning. I am sorry..so sorry..words are meaningless....pain et al...tend to ruin the day...xxoo

Kaja said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Desert Rose and Little Bits are growing beautifully - they almost look like they belong together too. Your new stash looks exciting too. I love Jennifer Paganelli.

JoZart Designs said...

Pleased to see you back in action and I am presuming it means that you are feeling better. I hope so. Love the results of those little bits and your new stash acquisitions too.
Jo x

Raewyn said...

HI Maureen - I hope that you are still feeling positive about recovering and it is all onwards and upwards with your health. I love the scrappiness of your Little Bits quilt - all those gorgeous tiny pieces!! Nice to see a bit of stash enhancemant happening too; it feels so good to have found exzactly what you want - and more too at a good price! A great idea to allocate one day a week for progress on your WIP quilt - and what a beauty you have started with :-)

Summer said...

Glad to hear you are recovering, Maureen. Very pretty pieces :)