Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Seeing Stars RSC 2015

Three more Ohio Stars sewn up yesterday, they have me thinking
about the story of Goldilocks and The Three Bears, the difference
being that it was three bowls of porridge of varying heat in the story and this is about 
my take on my stars.

The first one seems too busy


the second one possibly a bit on the dull side

but the third one just right!


However perhaps it's just me and when all the stars are together at
the end of this year everything will fit together well. Maybe because I usually work with very
bright KF and friends fabrics I'm not giving credit
to the quieter and older ones in my stash.

Catch up on other purples for RSC2015 with the link
HERE

I was pleased to put the outer border on my hexie quilt yesterday but
haven't a full shot photo to post, the weather is beautiful, perfect light
but we have a breeze  and the quilt is not playing fair and sitting still for me
outside on the verandah - can't get a full photo on my design wall unless we
have a piece of my cutting table, half of the computer and the border
of the quilt wrapping around a corner onto another wall.
I'll post during the week on hexie.

We know it's Autumn in New Zealand because of the Japanese Anemones
 flowering and spreading like crazy!

Hope you've all had or having a good weekend - depending on which country
you call home.

Maureen

17 comments:

Cathy said...

I like them all especially the busy one!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the analogy - beautiful flowers.

Nell's Quilts said...

Beautiful star blocks. After some of Kaffe Fassett's fabrics and blocks nothing is too busy!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I think each of your stars turned out well. Having a productive weekend here, thanks. Hope you have/had a good one, too!

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm really liking your stars. What pretty blossoms

Julierose said...

I also like them all and that busy one is my favorite--I think they will all play well together. Nice work...hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

I like all your stars, but each one will play its own part in the finished quilt.

Sally Trude said...

I like the busy star too. And I think you're right...that when they all come together, magic happens.

Leeanne said...

pretty stars and flowers.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I like to tell myself that not all blocks in a scrappy quilt can be the star. Yours look wonderful - love your fabrics!

Deb A said...

What a beautiful quilt you will have in December!

Quilting Stories said...

I think that your three bocks are perfect! Have a great week Maureen!

Ann said...

I think you have a good point, Maureen. Quilts usually need some quiet parts. If you don't like them on the front, they can always find a home on the back.

Raewyn said...

Great referrence to Goldilocks! I sometime think that about my blocks too - I always have my favourite while making them but they do all have a place in the end!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love all three stars... it's great seeing all the different fabrics mixed up together like this! And the Goldilocks reference made me laugh too!

Sheila said...

Beautiful prints. Love your stars.

Kaja said...

Funny, as one of the things I am most drawn to in your quilts is that saturated, vibrant colour, but I love, really love these stars. The first one isn't too busy for me either!