It's been almost four weeks since I wrote a post and I confess haven't
read all your posts on a regular basis. I've had a busy time with clinic
visits and hospital visits and consultant visits.
I shared my cardiac issues some time ago and don't propose to
bring them up again here except to say I was left in no doubt at my last
visit to my cardiac consultant that things are more serious than I had thought.
Bearing that in mind I purchased some of the latest KF Collective fabric, purely to lift
my spirits and I also have a finished top!!
Oh, this post is rather heavy on photographs, I give you fair warning!
I decided to add the extra border and so pleased that I went with that,
thank you for the comments left last post.
Measuring 38" square.
Half yards were the order of the day buying the new KF fabrics, the only
one I bought yardage of was the new colour Guinea Flower
but I do regret not taking a chance on yardage of Agate in the colour
all the colours in this range are amazing.
Four new Spot fabrics were in the parcel
I love Merlot, the very top piece.
Thinking ahead I pulled out fabric for a quilt to be made at the end of the year
for our eldest grandson
I don't propose to use all of the solids shown.
Can you tell that I'm a fan of the Lotus Leaf design?
Here's the pattern but there'll be a little re-thinking regarding the
strips on the diagonal
Next task was to decide which projects I had set aside no longer appealed
to me, first up was Stonewall so the book went back on the shelf
and the fabrics so far chosen went back into the stash. I really couldn't face sewing
all those 2" HSTs!
I then remembered we were almost halfway through September and
I had a quilt to make for our eldest son, it was to be a surprise for his birthday
but then DH let the cat out of the bag and told him, needless to say
I wasn't too pleased.
This is an out and out kit and the pattern a Free Spirit freebie but it appealed
because eldest son likes Amish quilt (made him one years ago) and needing to keep things
simple at the moment I though this was a good compromise.
Centre and first border
second round added
The problem with the KF woven cottons is that they're so very fine
and it's a heck of a struggle to keep them straight, I remembered I had
an extremely light Vleiseline roll, just iron on and there
is no change to the drape of the fabric but it does add a little body
and makes sewing so much easier.
I'm steadily working on my Lego blocks and don't need to wear the wrist brace continually,
If you can bear a couple more photographs here's one of
the two visitors we had join us for breakfast during the week
please excuse all the weeds in the garden.
Here's a close up below of a lonesome rosella
Now I'm going to get a hold of a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit and
catch up with reading your blog posts.
Keep safe and well amidst the mayhem in the world right now.