Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Work in progress

This is a brief post, seems to have been the story of my life over the past few months, not a lot going on.

So after a few cancellations for various reasons I'm off tomorrow at 6.30am. to have my pacing generator changed. Quilting projects have been difficult to jump into whilst waiting for the above to happen, I've been spending a lot of time doing this

the book title says a lot, a coaster for the numerous cups of tea and hexies in the dish.

Two new Raskog trolleys were delivered a week ago and the mats from my previous trolley (different brand) didn't fit the new ones, I have three stitched and binding will be done soon along with three more mats.


The Fonthill quilt has presented me with a few challenges, various  fabrics for the two strip borders have been auditioned and rejected, I also found that my fingers/hands do not care much for working with the small half square triangles - around 350 -  I began at trying to work with something different in the centre design and I think I may well have come up with "a cunning plan" as first mentioned by Baldrick in the Black Adder tv series. This will have to wait until I'm all healed up.

Two individual fabrics I had tried out to use for the strips are these two below, they're  totally different from my original pieces pinned up on my design wall, the grouping then was based on purples.


Decision now made below for the two rounds of border strips  - the left hand Baba Ganoush  above - plus the corner triangle and as you can see I've reversed the colour layout shown in the original Fonthill quilt, my border strips are darker and the corner half square triangle is lighter - a new Tilda fabric in a soft green/aqua.


So that's it from me for now, a late night as no food or drink after midnight so I think a hot cup of tea  with toast will be on the menu around 11.00pm.

See you all soon.

Maureen










11 comments:

Juliana said...

Good luck with your procedure. Your trolley mats are such pretty color combinations.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Praying for successful surgery with NO complications or secondary issues. You have the best eye for fabric colors and combos, you always astound me.

FlourishingPalms said...

I hope all goes well with your re-generator. Can't imagine what that experience must feel like. Love the book title, and "slow down and smell the hibiscus." Sounds like a good read, and perfect for you right now. Be well!

Julierose said...

Hope your pace generator change goes off well for you...
i love that title "Life in the sloth Lane"--much to be desired;)))
That Baba Ganoush fabric is amazing...hugs and prayers Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like your new re-design idea. Hope all goes well in the surgery.

MissPat said...

Hope everything went well and your recovery will go smoothly. That border fabric is intriguing. Take care and be well.
Pat

Nancy J said...

I'm guessing you are already awake,5.30 a.m. here in Taupo, looks like a frost on the cars that I can see out the front window.Not sure if we go home the Desert Road, there will be delays as they close part of the road off to clear debris at Bulli Point where the truck went over the bank, or go National Park which is not so many corners in shady places.Thinking of you today, and know all the staff will be ready and well practised in this. Heaps of love, Jean.

Agile Jack said...

That babaganoush is so fantastic!

And I'm glad you and Wanda are sewing all those sixty HSTs so I don't have to!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hoping all went well and you are home and recovering quickly!!!! Fabulous fabrics - you and Wanda are far more dedicated than I am!

Janie said...

The book title does say a lot! And very good advice for a start. I've been thinking the same thing lately.
I hope you are on your way to recovery.You do 'have the best eye for color' I agree.
The Fonthill design looks beautiful, good choice. I will enjoy seeing it come together. Take care, get well soon.

Ann said...

Hopefully your procedure went well. I like the fabric you are working with. And understand how hard all those HSTs are these days. Good luck.