Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pinks for RSC 2015 and Blue Bayou

Saturday seems to come around pretty quick these days (Sunday here)!

I admit I struggled with my pink block this week, last week I was into the soft pinks, 
this week upped  a few notches to a sort of
raspberry pink hence the struggle as I was pretty low
on these shades!


Next week I'll go peachy pink and thanks to Leeanne at Quilt Me Kiwi
I have a few of her fabric pieces to use! Thanks again Leeanne.

Before I go on to Blue Bayou here is another hydrangea
for those of you who are gardeners


I've been working on other projects in addition to blocks for RSC2015, now finished cutting all
the pieces for Blue Bayou,  a quilt featured in the book Quilts in Morocco from Kaffe Fassett. Apart from his Aboriginal Dot fabrics I've used the blues I had on hand
luckily some of them were used in the original quilt

 a heap of large hexagons


equilateral triangles


and I had to add in two extra hexagons in this luscious fabric.

Next on my list is to baste Sailing through Suez, that's the one I'm making
as a contributor to Cultural Fusion Quilts - see the link on my sidebar.

Off to link now with all the
"pinkies" at Superscrappy RSC 2015

See you next time
Maureen

16 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

That pink block is lush!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The hydrangea is so vivid and beautiful. It is an especially pretty sight for those of us in the arctic blast.

Charlotte Scott said...

I love how the colours of your post go from pink to purple to blues and turquoises - a great colour wheel wedge.

Leeanne said...

Lovely hydrangea. I look forward to seeing your peachy creation!

Sally Trude said...

Your color arrangements are so impeccable. I look forward to seeing your RSC quilt come together. And I'm wondering if you've seen the hydrangea fabric?

Debra said...

If that is what you get when you struggle with a color.. Holy Cow! It's gorgeous. The saturation of that pink is lushious!!! Love the hydranga - so nice to see when it is cold and windy (-20 wind chill here today)

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I love how all your blocks are taking shape. Og course anything Kaffe I love.

Ariane said...

I love your pink block!! Gorgeous!!!

Cathy said...

Another gorgeous block and hydrangea. Looking forward to how you will layout all of your blocks. That's going to be some gloriously colorful quilt.

No spring or hydrangeas in sight here yet.

scraphappy said...

Love the arrangement of your pinks. Placement can add so much in scrappy blocks.

Teresa in Music City said...

Love, Love, Love those raspberry pinks!!! YUM!!! And the Kaffe fabrics are always tantalizing :)

Pamela Arbour said...

I love what you are doing with your colors each month. Your blocks are scrumptious!

Kate said...

Beautiful pink block, the pinks are gorgeous.

Nell's Quilts said...

Great pink block. Love the dark to light progression in the layout.

Sheila said...

Beautiful fabrics! Such rich colors, prints. Love your blocks.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love your saturated colors - and a FLOWER (we are coated in ice) ... how divine!