At last I feel I am almost there with my Fractured!
Just the five vertical seams to go now - and I will try and get that done later this afternoon.
Regarding the size of the original fabric pieces which were given as five inches by four and a half inches, a few of us found things were not working out as planned and had to fudge a bit, some ended up smaller than intended. In the end I cut all my fabrics into five inch squares and found this much easier, just meant trimming down a little smidgen to the required four and a half inches.
I do know that where rows three and four meet up some of the angles in the small blocks go any which way!!
Not to worry, the Fractured look is achieved. One other thing I noticed this morning is that I must have changed a couple of blocks around and have ended up with four blue/green ones which really stand out, main thing is I am happy with it! The very colourful look is what I had in mind so all's well.
Still have to baste and quilt of course and probably simple straight line quilting will be my choice following the fractured lines.
Thanks go to Vicki for sponsoring this Quilt Along, go along to her blog where we link up and see where we are all up to, some are onto the second one ! Quite a lot of the fabrics used are left over and I will certainly make another one but using the blocks in a different configuration.
Have a good weekend, catching up on reading blogs is for me now and linking up with Vicki and the others and also writing a second general post.