Waiting In The Wings

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Progress!!

Although it's slow going I have another round of Fractured 2 on the wall, some pieces sewn, some just pinned.  The original pattern uses many fabrics for the individual blocks but of course I decided to try something different, in doing so it's taking me some time to work things out.



Progress also with my fractured wrist, I am now able to use my hand much more for my sewing but have to be very careful, it will be 12 months before we can be sure of whether I have full use or not. Ultrasound shows that I definitely do have a full thickness rotator cuff tear in a tendon  left shoulder, this has unfortunately come away from the bone! It's the tendon attached to one of the four muscles  so very little use of my arm but a lot of pain, and again there will be a long  road ahead. Thank goodness for Accuquilt.

I celebrated my  progress by buying two pieces of fabric, the first one I'm thinking of using in the Judy Newman pattern mentioned in my last post.


The second is for a pattern seen a few weeks ago - Verandah - a very simple straightforward quilt which will be ideal. I think this is a Heather Ross fabric.


I also received yesterday my order of Kaffe Collective fabrics rom Glorious Color, most definitely a glorious collection, I'll post photos next time. 

Gathering fabrics for a few quilts I have in mind, not too complicated and which can be cut with my electric cutter. Something new is that I'm looking at a new range coming out from Alison Glass,  very bright and lots of possibilites.

That's all from me, time limit for arm use is up but here's a photo of how to take things easy after a very busy day!!!

Oh,  just remembered there may be a squirrel about to make an appearance shortly!

Notice I've changed the format for text, decision taken after reading about left justification being easier to read, I know a few other bloggers have changed also.

Happy Quilting until next time

Maureen








13 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

It really is easier to read - and hooray for progress with the wrist. what is the treatment for your shoulder? LOVE that last kitty photo.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is easier to read. Great news- any progress is wonderful after what you have been through. Love the new design on the wall. New fabric always lifts me up. Shoulders are the hardest part of the body to rehab- so much is attached to them.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Lots of pretty colors in your studio. I'm so happy you got the electric cutter. It is so much easier on the elbows and shoulders not having to crank.

Linda said...

Your block looks very complicated - you’re doing amazingly well to sew considering your arm problems. The rotator cuff injury is very painful, our NZ neighbour had it and I remember him telling us how painful it was. Hope you can get it sorted out. Your new fabrics are gorgeous - you have an eye for colour.

Kaja said...

I'm happy to know you are slowly improving,and making good use of your equipment to help you quilt in the meantime. Your quilt on the wall is looking good.

Julierose said...

Nice to hear you are on the mend;))

Fractured is looking great (did you subconsciously choose that one??)Our minds sometimes gravitate to real life happenings, I think.

I love love that bouquet fabric--justso gorgeous.

Continue to go slowly and rest up--don't push, Maureen. Lots of protein to aid healing, too.
Hugs from beneath my bumbershoot today, Julierose;))

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I like what you're doing with the blocks and keeping a common fabric. Glad you are able to get a little something done. Left justified is definitely easier to read. I'm a graphic designer and we learned to set text left justified and keep line lengths from being too long to maximize readability. Hope your recovery continues on a positive note.

gayle said...

So glad to hear you're mending well! Slow and steady does it! You want to heal properly so you can play with all those gorgeous new fabrics!

MissPat said...

Lovely to hear from you and see that you are making progress with the wrist. Good luck with the shoulder issue. I've heard the recovery can be slow. But at least you are able to sew in small doses, which lifts the spirit.
Pat

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Fractured #2 is looking exciting! And I love those two new fabrics. Take things easy, the sewing will wait!

O'Quilts said...

YEAH you...keep on keeping on...Indeed it is hard xoxoox

FlourishingPalms said...

Hey there, Maureen! Gosh, I'm sorry to hear about the severity and prognosis with your wrist and shoulder! I can't imagine having limited arm use and being in pain as a creator and quiltmaker. Though I don't have an Accuquilt, I can sure appreciate how much easier it is for you to use it rather than a rotary cutter and ruler. You're a trooper to keep making under difficult circumstances. I also want to say thank you for left-justifying your blog post! I appreciate being able to read it with ease, and I'm sure others will too. You're the best! Take care of yourself!

Quayquilter said...

Lovely fabric choices and hope you heal in good time. So pleased you have an Accuquilt.