Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, January 11, 2018

New project for the year - 18 in 2018


I've decided to join in this year with 
Lynette at What A Hoot Quilts
with the intention of getting through 18 projects
during the year.





I have quite a lot of quilt tops all waiting
patiently to have backings made and then basted and quilted,
I haven't decided yet which will be first in line.
Here they all are:


Scrappy Mountain Majesties
RSC 2015


Red Sea Sunset
HSTeria QAL 2014

Alley Cats 
RSC 2014
 


Blue Heaven



Cotton Candy
Quilt for Daisy
made after our lovely cat Daisy died

Scrap Rainbow

Tula Pink Summer Stars
loved this particular fabric range


Northern Lights
check out blog labels for the story behind this quilt

Desert Rose
Midnight At The Oasis QAL 2013
Chinese Coins
made in an invitational with AHIQ 2017

Terraces at Dusk
begun in RSC 2016 - stopped at 12 houses!


Isfahan
 creating the feel of an old Persian rug
2016


Golden Strips


Helicopters

I have four works being pieced at the moment
and I'l be steadily working through those.
One is almost a flimsy and I'm hoping to post with this
on Saturday.

I'm going to link now with 
hop on over for a visit!

Maureen

21 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, be still my heart! All of yours are so incredibly wonderful. If I was close, I'd quilt them for you just to look at them in person. I wish my quilts were so colorful as yours. Every once in while, I make one that I really like. Keep healthy and keep sewing!

Robby said...

So much beauty! Any place you start, you'll wind up with a lovely finished quilt. Good luck!

Leeanne said...

Wow so many beautiful quilts! You have a real eye for colour and placement. I can't name my favourite as they all have they something special about them.

Judy Martin said...

very colourful and beautiful quilts - so happy. Best of luck with getting them all quilted in 2018. xo

dq said...

I too have several tops to quilt this year. It will be so fun getting these done so we can sew up some more.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A lovely selection of quilt tops, colorful & all eyecatching in diiferent ways. "Cotton candy" would be my favourite, I'm in a soft palette phase just now!

Nancy J said...

super choices, and every one is so lovely, 18 is a good number, a bit daunting for me, I have 12 blocks to sort out by Monday, the Wayward Transparency by 31st, and have started a teddy bear QAL!!!

Ann said...

Making the backs holds me back occasionally, too. I’ve started making several backs in a row and am finding that encourages me to move them along. You have such an eye for color. I especially like the Chinese Coin veriation (both for cold and the fabulous triangles) and Isfahan. Can’t wait to see them done.

Debbie said...

Quite the collection of wonderful designs and fabulous colors of fabrics.....the quilt tops are so beautiful!!! The mountains are a favorite of mine:) That's a lot to choce from, just take one at a time and they will get done.

Quiltdivajulie said...

SO much glorious exciting color - what a wonderful year you will have!!! Well wishes abound.

Louise said...

How fun to see all these tops lined up in one post! So much juicy, vibrant color! Best of luck getting them finished into complete quilts :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wow, what a great selection to work with! I would be starting with the smallest one and working up to ideas of how to finish the rest. Your color sense is amazing.

Janie said...

Good goals for 2018.
Your quilts are full of 'glorious exciting color', yes!
I really like your Red Sea Sunset, great use of lights and darks.

O'Quilts said...

Oh, my...I am speechless at how many beautiful tops you have..Each one is lovelier than the next xox

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness...they are all gorgeous. I love all the color. Good luck getting them finished!

Sally Trude said...

That is quite a stunning portfolio of beauty. What a treat to see them all laid out in a single post. And now I'm going to go find a dictionary and look up the word "balance." :)

gayle said...

I'm just breathless looking at all these beauties!

Monica said...

It's a lovely group! It is always fun to revisit them when you start the quilting. Here's to a productive 2018!

Kate said...

Gorgeous flimsies! Good luck with your plans to get them all finished.

Kaja said...

So many beauties just waiting to be finished. Good luck working through them in 2018; I think it would raise one's spirits to be pulling out tops like these to work on.

Lynette said...

Welcome to the 18 group, Maureen! Every single one of your quilts is truly marvelous. I could never pick a favorite out of this set!