Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Ad Hoc Improv Quilters #29

Time to see what's happening with progress on my
Chinese Coins which was one of the invitationals
with Ad Hoc Improv Quilters last year.

This was going to be posted as a finished quilt but a fight four days ago
with a sewing machine needle threw a spanner in the works!


I'm quilting this very simply a 1/4" inside the seam lines.
Not good lighting in this photo below I'm afraid.


The quilting is clearer in this photo.


 I'm using Aurifil 40 weight thread, green, yellow and red.

For the backing I used my last piece of Lake Blossom in this rich colourway from
Kaffe Fassett


which means I can give myself permission to order more!!

I'm not writing about the Kaffe Fassett lecture in this post
but will do so in my next one.

Do go and visit
Kaja and Ann
who jointly host AHIQ
for all the information on the new invitational,
I'm off to link up now.

Maureen

18 comments:

Sally Trude said...

So lovely with such meticulous quilting...although I think you and your sewing machine should seek counseling!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad to see you are back at it. I hope the finger is healing well.

Kaja said...

Good to see your poor finger has not forced a complete halt! I like the quilting - simple and clean and it emphasises those lovely pointy shapes.

Kaja said...

And thank you for linking up with AHIQ!

patty a. said...

Congratulations for being back at the sewing machine so quickly after the hand issues. The quilt is stunning!

Debbie said...

Glad you are back at the machine. You are brave and we love what you are finishing up!

Barb Neiwert said...

The quilting is a perfect choice for this quilt. It's lovely, and I'm so glad you got back in the saddle to show that machine who's who!!!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I love this so much and now with the quilting it's even better.

Louise said...

Gorgeous as always! I like you attitude about ordering more of the KF print now that you've used this piece up :)

HollyM said...

What a pretty quilt! I’ve nit seen anything like it. The colors are gorgeous!

Julie said...

I adore the colours in this. Have a lovely long weekend.

Janie said...

Glorious color! I'm glad you're able to get back to it so soon.
Nice work.

O'Quilts said...

Wow...that is wonderful...looks beautiful and complicated...good work.

Linda said...

Such gorgeous colours! And such a lot of quilting. Well done.

Ann said...

This is such a beautiful quilt. Colors and design work well together. I'm glad your finger is healing, too. Are your stopping and starting on each triangle or traveling to the next? This is a lot of quilting and quilt rotating for machine work. It certainly looks beautiful.
Thanks for joining AHIQ. You add so much to the conversation.

Pip said...

Perfect quilting choice for this quilt, what will you be using for the binding? something in the turquoise colour range perhaps?

Quiltdivajulie said...

I do so like this quilt -- happy stitching (fast, slow, intermittent, or ongoing).

gayle said...

The colors are gorgeous, and the quilting is the perfect choice. Love love love this!
Keep up the good healing!