Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Scrap Vortex

This scrap quilt is the greatest fun!!
I'm using up, or should I say intending to use up.
scraps in two of my plastic drawers, strips, squares and all sorts.

Following the lead from Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts
I'm busy putting the small units units together to make the bigger units and it
really is quite addictive. Just a few below

medium units

now made into larger blocks


 these all begin life as just two small pieces of a similar size sewn together,
and like Topsy they just grow!

Hope you're having a great week.


5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Ah yes . . . the empty box beckons me to add the smaller crumbs for a Scrap Vortex project . . .

Sally Trude said...

Your blocks are growing beautifully. I keep building up smaller units, but this inspires me to keep growing blocks instead of going back to making more small units. It's also making me think I should go "make" some scraps.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your scrap votex blocks are looking good! Adding a bit of value play with the Kaffe scraps is creating some great visual interest here!

Kaja said...

I like how these are building up and it's good to see the bigger blocks: a great scrap project.

Ann said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing this and I look forward to further progress.