Waiting In The Wings

Friday, November 18, 2016

Friday Favourites

Two items this week, neither quilt related!

First up here is Leila


resting today due to a traumatic day for her at the vet clinic yesterday!

I found a lump two weeks on her left hind leg, grew a little bigger so off to the
clinic Tuesday, yesterday it was removed. She's now home with
a greatly shaved back leg, eight stitches and the dreaded
eCollar. She solved that one during the night by removing it.
There it was on the floor of the doggie crate, one of the fasteners
had been well and truly chewed. A rethink required tonight.

Second - still life - not staged at all.


A small vase with three cream gerberas left on the kitchen
bench two weeks ago along with two tiny silver pieces in desperate need
 of cleaning (still not done).

The poor gerberas had long since lost their beauty
but I hadn't removed them, yesterday I did, these lovely seed heads 
were on the bench, to me they're as beautiful as
the flower in full bloom.

I will, as asked, post a photo of the quilt from last week
but given all that's been happening here I'm a bit behind.
Thank you to all who left messages following  my post on the earthquakes.
If you would like to read more here is a great post
by Nancy J, there is mention of the International help
from warships presently in Auckland.

Enjoy the weekend.

Maureen

9 comments:

Nancy J said...

Gerberas, maybe the seeds will germinate next summer.And Leila, what a trauma, I am guessing a full anaesthetic? And the shakes continue, now Wellington tall building are assessed? And more Kaikoura people evacuate in case of more severe aftershocks. Thanks for adding the link, I might need to do another update, with a more detailed map of where I live. Hope all is OK at your place.

Sally Trude said...

Leila looks like she needs a poke. And you have given me a great idea for how to keep Molly from chewing cords...

Quiltdivajulie said...

Take care and be well --

Julie said...

Love your still life - you know as soon as you clean that silverware, it will tarnish again - one of those neverending jobs ....
Happy weekend to you.

Kaja said...

I keep flowers until they fall to pieces too - and now I have the perfect excuse. :-)

Janie said...

Thanks for sharing your Friday favorites.
Flowers in all their stages, lovely.
Fast healing to Leila.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Flowers in all stages have their own beauty. I often think how lucky we are that our world has flowers.

Judy Martin said...

This is a beautiful post about things you love and find peace in. It has been such a worry for you with earth quakes so near by and so many loved ones being affected. I am glad that things seem to be returning to normal - or are they. Be well. xo

Kate said...

Poor kitty. Hopefully she is well on her way to recovery.