Waiting In The Wings

Monday, January 7, 2019

Plans for 2019

It's almost been too hot here
in Auckland, New Zealand to think about quilting plans
for the year ahead but I've jotted a few
details below.

First - an exciting project from
Sujata Shah over at The Root Connection blog
involving the book
Unconventional and Unexpected: American Quilts Below The Radar 1950-2000
by Roderick Kiracofe
More information on this very soon.

Second - joining in this year with Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2019
hosted by
Angela at soscrappy blog
I've passed on this for two years but have a definite project ready to go.
I've pulled the red fabrics below for the month of January



Third - continue playing with
 Kaja and Ann at AHIQ:Improvisational Utility Quilts
project to be decided.

 Fourth - my intention is to try and post more of my scrappy makes
with
Oh!Scrap  hosted by Cynthia at 
Quilting is more fun than Housework

You can find the buttons for these on the sidebar


Of course there are other quilts I plan on making,
one will be using the fabrics below together with one solid, I have a pattern in mind.
Not my usual KF Collective bright and bold but it's always good
to try something new now and again.



Add to the mix above the fact that I have four overflowing bins of scraps, therefore
scrappy quilts will be on the agenda, lots of ideas for these, some of them string quilts.

I shall continue on with my Memory Quilts based on childhood and
plan to make more small pieces covering my sea travels to New Zealand
via Suez and back to the UK through Panama, naturally not
all during 2019!! Two of the above have already featured on my blog,
Sailing through Suez and Red Sea Sunset
were made a little while ago.There will be two new Pages at the top
of my blog 
Memories of a Magical Childhood
and
Around the World
shortly. 

That's it from me, but here's another Hydrangea to close this post.


Maureen

15 comments:

Nancy J said...

You are off to a flying start , and the fabric pile is lovely. I found some bins with projects in today, printed out Nov and Dec Bears. Now to find the batik scraps to go with a teal body.Still mighty hot down here.

Cathy said...

Sounds like some good plans! I wish you luck with them in the new year. Deer always eat my hydrangeas so it's nice to see what they would look like if they didn't!

Marly said...

What a great collection of red fabrics for January. I’ve been considering the Root Connection QAL but have a problem buying the book. Do you have the book? I could buy the e-book, but have only a b/w e-reader. Reading Sujata’s post this morning I thought that maybe the book isn’t absolutely necessary. What do you think?

Debbie said...

Love your new ideas for the year, and your have laid out the plans well! Really looking forward to the new pages too. Great fabric collection!

Quiltdivajulie said...

To Marly - the book is fabulous - well worth the cost - get it!!

Happy to see you're back with the RSC gang this year - and we'll be seeing lots of each other with the UANDUQAL and the AHIQ challenges.

GORGEOUS hydrangea colors.

Janie said...

Marly, you could always check your library for a copy of the book.
Local libraries are our friends!

Your plans are exciting Maureen, challenges are a good way to stay on our
'Improv' toes aren't they?

Louise said...

Lots of interesting plans in the works for you, Maureen! As always, I'm looking forward to your bright, modern and clever quilty projects :)

Ann said...

You and I are both invigorated by scrap quilts. They have so much movement and joy. I love your plan for Memory quilts. It sounds like what I wanted to do with Maps. I shall look forward to your results with anticipation.

O'Quilts said...

Oh...my ..you are indeed adventurous...I want to do these challenges too...I just cannot seem to focus on one at a time....!!!!

audrey said...

It sounds like you've lined up a very interesting list of projects for the year! I love this time of year for reevaluating where I am and where I want to be going.:)

Sally Trude said...

Such beautiful flowers and fabrics. And I'm so happy that you're returning to the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge. I have not been keeping up much the last couple of years later. And I'm sorry you're hot, but it reminds me to appreciate our dark, cold, and wet.

Pip said...

Your quilting plans sound interesting, I'm yet to formulate mine :) although I am going to join in with Sujata's quiltalong as I think it will suit me quite well.

Unknown said...

My goodness you are goin* to be busy! Such pretty fabrics too.

Heather said...

I'm in Auckland too - and my sewing room gets flooded with sun (and heat) in the evening, just when I would usually get some sewing done, so I share your current feeling. I too have been inspired by the Unconvential and Unexpected QAL. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Kaja said...

Great plans, Maureen!