Waiting In The Wings

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Quilts, Quilts and more Quilts..........

I laid out my plans for the year in my last but one post,
but I was a little low on the number of planned quilts
and ones already in the cutting stages. I'll cover these as I work through them.

First off is my change of plan with the
Unconventional and Unexpected Quilt Along
hosted by 

I went with my original choice and
below I have a few of the blocks for the quilt 









which is
"Cross"/Four Patch
page 80
from
the book by Roderick Kiracofe
Unconventional & Unexpected


The second is I've 'signed up' for the 
invitational with 
I'm cutting triangles presently for this one


which us going to be a
Liberated Wedding Ring
from the book 
Freddy and Gwen Collaborate Again

Click on the hashtags in labels at the bottom
of my post to catch up with what's happening
with these two exciting projects.

This would be too long a post to list the other projects that seem
to have suddenly appeared
so I'll end here and save the remainder for future posts.

Two quilts came back yesterday after quilting and I'll
post these when I have the binding on.

Closing with a photo from the garden, a heck of a big hydrangea bloom!


Happy quilting and see you soon!

Maureen

15 comments:

Louise said...

These look like fantastic projects, Maureen! Red is Neutral is especially intriguing to me :)

Ann said...

Hooray. This is one of the blocks I've been considering from U and U but yours is especially lovely with your color choices. Just like your garden. So lush and inviting.
I need to get busy with my reds, too.
You're inspiring, Maureen.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is three here so the hydrangea is making me drool. Love the quilt you chose. Maybe I could one also. Your colors, as usual are gorgeous!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I LOVE what you are doing with the inspiration quilt from U and U -- lovely colors!! And the reds are calling me from the studio -- but I'm resisting until a couple major projects are completed (both are nearly there). Please keep sharing your flowers and plants - it is so dull and drab here.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your U&U blocks look wonderful! It's a great inspiration quilt to work from too. And look forward to seeing your 'red' wedding rings.

Cathy said...

Oh, your cross/four patch is off to a good start. Wonderful combination of fabrics.

Looking forward to your Liberated Wedding Ring. I have it on my someday list.

Julierose said...

Lovely blocks--I especially like that pink-purple one (i love that colorway, as you know ;}}} ) Nice choice of block to make...hugs, Julierose

Pip said...

I have Roderick's book beside my chair so I can dip into it while supposedly watching TV :) I have seen a couple more quilts I would like to experiment with, I need to stop looking and start doing. I like your interpretation of the Cross/Four Patch, and I love your hydrangea, I would love to grow them in my garden but I fear our summers would kill them off, so I will enjoy your photos of them.

Raewyn said...

It looks like you have had a fun start to the year Maureen. I'm looking forward to seeing the Liberated wedding ring with those luscious reds!

Judy Martin said...

I am in that quilt along with Sujata too! I have not started anything yet, but am enjoying the book.
I love how your quilts are so colourful and joyful, Marueen.
xo

Sujata Shah said...

Maureen,
I would love to make that quilt from the book too! I am sure eventually one way or the other, all of the quilts are going to be touched. U&U is my kind of book. Love your blocks and can't wait to see more of the wedding ring quilt. xo

Kaja said...

I really like the colours you are using for your version of the U&U quilt and can't wait to see how you get on with all those gorgeous reds.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

You picked some really nice projects. It will be fun to watch them grow!!

Janie said...

Great progress, more beautiful blocks, I'm being drawn in, I was thinking of a Nine Patch but I really like the 'Cross Four Patch' too.
And a new project from 'Freddie and Gwen Collaborate Again'!
Brilliant idea!

gayle said...

I love seeing your happy blocks and your flowers! A much-needed burst of color!