Waiting In The Wings

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Spring 2019 - planning projects - top heavy on photos

Yes, Spring is officially here!
Down at the beach on a beautiful day, the water looks so inviting
but still on the chilly side so I'll wait until Summer before paddling.


My sewing studio is in quite a mess and desperately in need of tidying
but I'm still pressing on with more blocks for
Unconventional and Unexpected










I love the zigzag fabric around block 4.
Just 12 more and my target of 30 will be reached and I
can begin sewing up the rows.

Project planning - my head is full of quilts
I really want to get on with and after the five blocks from yesterday I
had to have a little play with two of the new fabrics from Philip Jacobs,
pattern and results below of the beginnings of a mock up of

Hex Star


a pattern from Victoria Findlay Wolfe
and I'm intending using PJ's big, bold prints for the stars.




 Continuing on with the floral theme in the two fabrics above
are three photos of soft, pale flowers in bloom in the garden right now,
colour quite the opposite of the brightness above.

Camelia Lovelight

Arum Lily


Ranunculus
I bought three of the plants above and we're heading off again to the garden centre
for a few more, I have a lot of gaps to fill in our front garden bed.

Off now to cut more blocks so see you soon.

To readers who are presently in the unpredictable path of
Hurricane Dorian you're in my thoughts, keep safe!

Maureen

16 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love that zig zag border on block 4 too. I need to get that fabric out and use it.

Linda said...

Your beach photo has made me nostalgic, so many NZ memories. Love how your blocks are coming along. Your garden flowers look lovely.

Julierose said...

That zig zag is just perfect--lovely blocks and here our flowers have mostly gone by except for Mums...nice work going on there hugs, Julierose

Debbie said...

Beautiful sea and flowers to match your blocks! Your combos are so fabulous.

Ann said...

Yes to the zig zag but I notice how you arranged your fabrics a bit differently from one block to the next. Lovely. It will add a special touch when they are put together. As usual, you have the most beautiful fabrics and combine them gloriously.
With all these gorgeous flowers I can't believe there are any holes in your garden!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

All your blocks are lovely but I love the zig zag around the edge of that one. Make more.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a splendid post with such gorgeous colors - and that waterfront scene is spectacular. First day of spring - as we are headed into late summer and early fall.

Linda Swanekamp said...

So great to see your photos! Love the hex star. I looked it up and am drooling at it. I don't know how hard it is, I can do y seams. All the fabric in all the blocks are so fabulous and I love, love looking at them.

Louise said...

I never get tired of looking at smooth, calm waters! That's our view today, too, after a week of choppy madness. Ahh, at last...

Your U&U blocks are looking great! :)

O'Quilts said...

wow so impressed...with your blocks and your gardening...xo

Janie said...

Great piecing and blocks Maureen.
And very calm beautiful spring color photos, thanks for sharing.

Clare M said...

Fabulous blocks Maureen and I love your colour combinations. The stars will shine brightly too. Your Camelia is so beautiful. The lovely thing about spring is seeing the flowers appearing and remembering what is in your garden.

gayle said...

Ooo! Gorgeous blocks!
And that Hex Stars is going to be fabulous in those bright prints! Looking forward to it!

Julie said...

that hex star is rather wonderful looking. VFW new book: Playing with Purpose, A Quilt Retrspective is very inspiring if you haven't already seen it.

رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.