Waiting In The Wings

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Thirty blocks on the wall at last

A quick post today because I have the blocks for UANDUQAL finished!!!
Up on the wall here - all in place.
Bear in mind that these are just roughly pinned on the wall.



Yes, quite bold and full of saturated colour compared to the original but I focused
on the pattern rather than the softer fabrics used in the book.

I am so pleased to have them completed because I decided on the border fabrics
six weeks ago and can't wait to have these blocks sewn up
and borders on. I'll say now that the main 
fabric of my choice is naturally a little different.

Before I head off  once agin to catch up on reading your blog posts - going
back to my old routine of heading to the computer in the early morning with
a cup of tea to read new posts in future - here are two more
photos of roses in the garden.
.

Perle D'or


Princess Anne

All for now, enjoy your weekend and happy quilting.

Maureen

19 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Beautiful blocks and gorgeous roses! Color everywhere.

Clare M said...

Oh my goodness 😍 your blocks. The colours are delicious. So are your roses. Hugs.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love those blocks!! Wonderfully colorful.
xx, Carol

Debbie said...

Just beautiful color sewn with your magic touch for selecting fabric. You have worked on these quite a while so I am glad to see you reach this point in the process! Enjoy that step before you venture into the rest of the journey. We have to celebrate each stage as we get there thru our pain and limitations.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely blocks I love your bright colors and the rose! I had horribly roses again this year my bushes are getting old and aren't as nice as they used to be (but then I am neglectful)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Ah, what wonderful roses! It will be a long time until I see roses outside. Oh, the quilt is so gorgeous. I wish I could junk all my fabric and get a palette like yours!

Julierose said...

Perle d'Or is so beautiful a rose...
Your blocks came out beautifully...happy to hear you will be able to blog more...hugs, Julierose

Louise said...

Fab, fab, fabulous!! Oh, they look so wonderful all together like this! :)

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

It's like looking through window panes into a lush Kaffe garden.

Janie said...

Hi Maureen, you are tenacious! I'm looking forward to seeing the borders.
Your Princess Anne Rose is a beauty.
A good cup of tea in the morning is always a great way to get started on the day.

gayle said...

Your colors are always such a joy! Even your roses are full of smiles!

Ann said...

Simply beautiful. Your quilt top is as colorful as your garden. I see where you get your inspiration.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Beautiful blocks! You seem to be able to put all that Kaffe colour together so well.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your roses are gorgeous! I love the Kaffe blocks. This quilt is going to be beautiful! The colors together are breath taking!

Quiltdivajulie said...

STUNNING and GORGEOUS -- can't wait to see it all sewn together. congratulations!!!

audrey said...

This is fantastic already Maureen! The pattern definitely has a lot of possibilities when it comes to working with all different color palettes. Would be so interesting to see more versions of this one.

Julie said...

I used to enjoy early morning blog reading with a cuppa, much more cheerful than the news. You are definitely not scared to use colour, looking forward to seeing what border fabric you use. Please post lots of pretty roses, I don't grow them so enjoy seeing other people's.

HollyM said...

I love all the color!

Kaja said...

You are the queen of saturated colour, Maureen. This looks fantastic.