Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Brain Freeze

I am tearing my hair out right now with the darn computer
and my photo editing system!
New Blogger isn't helping either.
It's taken me ages to put together the simplest of posts
and in the process I've forgotten half of what I had intended to write.

However this was the start of my day


beautiful sunrise with Venus still hovering in the sky.

So on with my intended day dedicated to more stitching on
Green Diamonds


and the colour is still off plus I now see I have the letter j in Quilter,
I am not going to begin the whole process again so it's going to have to stay.
This new system  is far more time consuming loading up photos.

There is now a grand total of four Postage Stamp blocks


picking up these tiny squares plays havoc with arthritic fingers
and I'm now using tweezers  and the process is
much less painful.

I am overwhelmed with my tubs and other containers
of scraps, something has to be done because they're bugging me,
 some will be given away and the remainder will be
assigned to a variety of scrap quilts.

First up I have a number of plastic boxes which hold a mix of 
1.5" strips and now I need to decide what they will be used for.
A Lego quilt is a possibility,  lots of these around right now,
has a whole series of Dumpster Diving quilts, the original was based on
a Lego quilt,
 go visit and you'll see some beauties!

So these are my strips below, boxes are 11" x 14"
and,  apart from the third box, they're mostly Kaffe Fassett Collective
fabrics with a few others mixed here and there.












The strips in this last box are a mix of widths
but I'm happy to haul out the Accuquilt and reduce them all to 1.5"
Any ideas for simple strippy projects gladly received.

One camellia and one rose photos before I go and make a much needed cup of tea,
if I was able to drink alcohol  (doesn't mix with my medications) I'd be 
slicing a lemon into a stiff gin and tonic!!

Sadly I can't remember the name of the camellia below



but this rose is
Buff Beauty


and has a delicious perfume.

All from me, hopefully my next post will be written in a much
calmer frame of mind and with computer, photo and blogger
problems all sorted.

Keep safe and well.

Maureen

18 comments:

Nancy J said...

No alcohol for me either, but those strips look very enticing.Love your greens on the wall.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I stay away from alcohol too because of medication and so many don't see to get it. When I am around my brothers and sisters at family things pre-covid I always get mocked for not drinking!! Sorry you are having a time with blogger maybe someone that uses it can help you out. I used it for a short while years ago and didn't care for it.
I never know what I am going to do with all my scraps and I know I should use more of it but occasionally buy more anyhow!

Debbie said...

Your bins of 1 1/2'' strips look my bins of 2'' ones! I will never use them all and who else will want them!
As for blogger....I went back to the legacy version as the new one was awful to place photos and etc. It is our blog, and we can go back to the old version.
The camellia is a beauty!

Julierose said...

Whoa....you have strips galore!! My scraps haven't been cut into any specific sizes--just bagged by colors. I've gotten used to cutting as I go a lot...
Your green diamonds are beautiful, Maureen!!

I am using New (and not improved!) Blogger for now, but may revert back if I cannot get my photo-settings where I want them.. I wonder how long Legacy Blogger will be available and what it will support...
Stay safe ~ ~ ~ hugs from afar~ ~ ~ Julierose

Barb N said...

Sorry you are having technical difficulties. They are the worst! But I do enjoy reading your colorful posts, and this one is no exception. Keep it up! Color enhances our lives and your fabric choices are FILLED with color!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is taking me a while to get used to Blogger too and it seems to be going back and forth. All of your photos are beautiful, and I especially like the flowers. Your postage stamp blocks are coming along quite nicely. It reminds me that I have started cutting up some fabric to make that postage stamp quilt.

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm sorry you're having problems with the New Blogger. I too have found it challenging, especially as it relates to photos. It IS much slower to upload them. And once they're uploaded, and if they're needed again, it's nearly impossible to find them. These are more reasons I don't like Blogger anymore, and want the old (2009) version back! I'm sorry you have arthritis, but I hope you'll keep managing to make postage stamp blocks. I love them! I have 51 blocks so far, and will keep making them as I continue to cut my smallest scraps into 1-1/2" X 1-1/2" pieces. As for your strips... I'm envious you have so many! I turned nearly all of mine into a braided rug, and am now wishing I had more strips so I would have an excuse to buy a Lilly Lula Loom for twining. I'd love to make a woven rug. Can't you imagine how colorful a Kaffe Fasset rug would be?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh those bins of strips . . . be still my heart! Have you looked at the Pinterest board I put together for Lego and 1.5" scrappy strip quilts? There are loads of ideas there to jump start your thinking. Next - The colors in your green diamonds are gorgeous - and your nature photos always make me happy. And finally, I've created one complete post using my new computer and new Blogger. So many changes all at once - but I shall persevere. I may have to do things differently but I'll adapt as needed. Long term it will work itself out - short term, I'm with you on the fried-brain feeling.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your postage stamp blocks!! And that rose, beautiful!

I'm not having any trouble loading photos. I keep them in a folder in Pictures and it is labeled 2020 photos to post. Then when creating a post I click on the photo icon and I choose Upload from computer and then Browse. I got to my 2020 photos to post folder and click on the photo I want. It does take about 3 seconds to load instead of being instant in the old Blogger.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love those postage stamp blocks. One of these days I'll make some too. Hearing all the negative stories of the new blogger is disappointing. I briefly switched and went back to legacy. Since I haven't been actively blogging is concerns me that this will be the beginning of the end for my blog. I just don't want to mess with technology at all.

O'Quilts said...

I am totally overwhelmed with scraps too...but none of them are as organized as yours are...Why do we have to have a new blogger at a time when life is so crazy...This is so not good. Sending happy thoughts your way xo

Louise said...

I'm not sure which is more glorious: your flowers or your fabric! I hope you find just the right pattern to make the best use of all those marvelous strips :)

Julie said...

I'm liking your green diamonds. Have to admit I have struggled a bot with the new blogger too, especially working out how to make photos larger. still lots of pretty in your post. Take care.

Pip said...

You have a stunning array of scraps there Maureen. I have been using the new Blogger for a little while now, it did take some getting used to. I found that uploading my photos to Google Photos made it easier for me to get my photos into the blog post. I also write out the blog post first, and add my photos after, a bit time consuming but there is plenty of that at the moment.

Linda said...

As always, I love reading your posts. The scraps look exciting and I’m looking forward to seeing what you create with them. As a lot will be Kaffe scraps they will be hugely colourful and exciting. The roses are perfect. Trying to imagine picking up scraps with tweezers, sounds painful. Take care, stay safe, keep the creative juices flowing!

Ann said...

I think your diamonds sparkle! What a good eye you have. But I laughed to see how well you've sorted your scraps. Would you like to have a go at mine? Still this will help you decide how and where to use these beauties.
As always your flowers make me sigh with joy.

audrey said...

Lovely to see your diamond quilt coming together so well. Those colors are scrumptious! And the postage stamp blocks are very striking too with their bold colors! I am so impressed with your strips organization! I never really get the scraps organized for long unfortunately. So sorry about your blogging issues. Like we don't have enough to deal with these days, Blogger has to go turn everything topsy turvy too!

Marly said...

Next time I have a G&T I'll think of you! Cheers, Proost!
I love your photos of flowers. I'm glad to see that you seem to have resolved the problems with blogger (I read your later post first!). There is a way to upload more than one photo at once, I believe, but alas I have forgotten how!