May 6th was my last post!
I have been trying to get around to writing before this but the last
month has been a round of medical appointments and quilting seemed
to be left behind unfortunately, also reading your blog posts was on hold I'm afraid.
Back to catching up tomorrow.
I have been filling and sorting out my
fabric baskets as time and energy allowed, I have full yards and
half yards tucked away in these and I can now see which colours I have aplenty
and which are somewhat lacking. Yellow/orange/brown below.
My larger pieces are stored in a good sized cupboard. and quarters
in sliding drawers.
I keep all my Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics separate from other ranges,
I also give the Spot and Aboriginal Dot ranges their own basket,
also the multi Zigzags and Diamond Stripes and similar types.
Let's get on to the Green Diamond quilt, I think it should be known as
the Green Diamond Disaster!
You've seen it in progress here on the blog, small diamonds which of course meant
bias edges were involved. I cut on my Accuquilt, I starched, I pinned and still
have ended up with a slightly wonky quilt top!!! The occasional missed
match up of points doesn't worry me too much but the stretchiness does,
here's a quick photo on the wall before I decided to bury it in a drawer