Waiting In The Wings

Friday, November 24, 2023

Bramble Blooms 1 - applique and choosing pink fabrics

Just a very quick post, guessing most of you will be celebrating Thanksgiving today, hope you enjoy your time with family and friends.

I now have my applique blooms and vase all fused down on the centre panel of BB1, next step stitching!  Quilting Babcia left a comment on seeing my proposed flower shapes that they reminded her of crocuses - hooray, exactly what I had intended, I love crocus blooms and had a lot of Autumn Crocus in a previous garden, when in bloom they do not have leaves at all, they arrive after blooming is complete.

Here we are, these could be labelled as  'genetically modified' crocus - it would have been nigh impossible to create the crocus petals individually so I decided to have some fun and create a little quirky bunch of flowers.



Beginning tomorrow I will be deciding on fabrics from the stack below for a baby quilt, hopefully more on that subject next week. This will be a quick, simple small quilt.


So, that's all from me on the last Friday of November, how quickly the years go  by these days!

Hope you can all spend time with your needle and thread over the weekend.

Maureen



13 comments:

Nancy J said...

Wow, your vase and flowers are stunning.Then the array of pinks, a glorious selection.

Linda said...

Lovely vase of flowers. I expect the exotic blooms are fussy cut from Kaffe fabric? What a super selection of fabrics you have to choose from. Enjoy making the baby quilt.

Cathy said...

Oh, your genetic breeding program (broderie perse x applique) produced some fantastic flowers. Love 'em!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Ohhh - that array of pinks has me swooning. And I do love your quirky bouquet!

Robin said...

Oh your Bramble Blooms center turned out great. It's so colorful and interesting and well done.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Beautiful Maureen. Love all those pinks too!

Nancy said...

Positively delightful!
You have some beautiful fabrics in beautiful colors for a baby quilt.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That vase fabric is so perfect with the flowers. Great center for your new quilt.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love it! The pattern and choice of fabrics is just perfect!

Janie said...

Beautiful vase and flowers Maureen!
Very inspiring! Thank you.

Ann said...

You crocus are a sophisticated use of your fabric. A great idea to incorporate a vase you’ve loved for years into the design, too. I’m planning to machine stitch mine… when I get around to it.

Louise SS said...

Your vase and flowers are so happy! Congratulations for your newest family member! Your great granddaughter’s quilt is delightful and I hope her mother recovers fast!

audrey said...

Oh wow! This is amazing!! Your fabrics are sooo dreamy.:)