After spending a heck of a lot of time thinking up ideas I decided to go simple, flowers in a vase! I will be using my machine for the applique. My inspiration for the shape of the vase is the one below, a very old one given to me by my Aunt.
After trying a few times I decided I had the shape drawn out pretty much as the original, next step to figure out what to put in it. Sketch pad out again and many pages used before coming up with a few shapes. I cut out and played with placement, first one was this, you can see that the fabric for the vase has already been decided. I liked the odd number of five blooms but DH said he felt the RH side bloom made the piece look slightly unbalanced
so I added another bloom cut out on the LH side plus a little fabric practice bloom, a decision will be made tomorrow as to which setting I prefer. Next step will then be fabric play, hopefully I'll have something more to show come the weekend.