Waiting In The Wings

Friday, May 3, 2024

Tussie Mussie is now a top!

Yes, at long last I have a completed top. I'm not too happy with my stitching, there are  one or two places where the eight triangles meet, or in this case don't meet, however I'm not unpicking.




My spine has deteriorated (degenerative scoliosis) a lot now and has twisted a little so it's difficult to work at anything for long especially when loaded with strong meds, concentration lapses a little. However, that's definitely not going to stop me quilting, I can work around a few things.

I photographed outside, can't do a full on photo as the design wall is too small.

Going forward I've moved my BB1 project into my little room hoping for inspiration to strike and I can add a couple of extra borders. I'm also planning what to make a start on next week, I currently have six large project bins, Fonthill needs a few more batiks added before I make a start on that one.

It's between Sea Glass, maybe a couple more fabric will be added as I go along  but so far this is the collection

This is a shot of the pattern cover below, you can see mine won't be as blue. This is a Treehouse Textiles
pattern.


I found this little piece below in my scrap box, this just has to join the group - excuse the creases, I have yet to iron ready for cutting.


Heaps of fabric have been pulled for Across The Fields, far too many I know but it gives more choice when I begin to cut. There are darker fabrics underneath the top layer.


Across The Fields is a pattern from Rachaeldaisy Designs below.


So, decision time in a couple of days, you can see that once again my colour scheme will be different to the original in the photo.

That's all from me today, keep fingers crossed that I can settle my next border on BB!

See you again soon

Maureen 


11 comments:

Susan said...

Tussie Mussie is gorgeous- and don't stress about the points or corners. We are much too hard on ourselves because most people would only see the glorious floral fabrics playing so happily together.

Julierose said...

I think Tussie Mussie turned out so beautifully, Maureen--so pretty and charming;)) Nice work. Your projected upcoming project patterns look really great--along with your fabric pulls for them ;))))
I am taking a bit of a little break to restore my brain after my "tussles" with BB1...but it's FINISHED!! Hugs for a great weekend Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Tussie Mussie is so pretty. I love pink and green together. Good luck in deciding which quilt is next.

Quilting Babcia said...

Beautiful top, and I wouldn't even look too closely at what might or might not match because with all those gorgeous prints, the seams take a back seat to the beautiful fabrics you've used. Looking forward to your BB1 project, it's been so interesting to see everyone's take on the prompts. I'm also dealing with scoliosis and fairly constant lower back pain with sciatica, so understand totally what you're dealing with. Love the Across the Fields quilt, will have to look up her pattern, looks to be a great way to use up a lot of scraps!

Ann said...

You have so many beautiful fabrics and you’re using them well. I’m sorry your back is worse but glad you still plan to quilt.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Beautiful 'tussie mussie', such a great way to showcase all your pink & green Kaffes. And I love both your fabric pulls...Sundays at Kokaquilts are for quilt planning, sorting fabric, mixing colours, and making fabric bundles up just like you have here!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Loving those fabric pulls! And congrats on getting Tussie Mussie to quilt top stage. I must focus on the baby quilt and then I can indulge in some time with my version of T-M.

loulee said...

So many bright and beautiful fabrics. Tussie Mussie is beautiful.

Janie said...

Across the Fields pattern has great possibilities, good to look forward to and plan.
Tussie Mussie is beautiful, congratulations on your top finish. I enjoy the yellow greens with turquoise and fushias, lots of happiness there.
Hope you feel better soon.

Kaja said...

You will be the only person who ever notices the points on Tussie Mussie. The rest of us just see the lovely colours - it really is lovely. I'm sorry to hear your back is worse, but very glad that you won't be giving up on the quilting, since I love to see all your fabric pulls and the beauties you make from them.

MissPat said...

I admire your determination to keep quilting and creating despite your back pain and myriad other ailments. Your use of color is inspirational. There are several other Tussie Mussie's in the works around blogworld. I don't have enough Kaffe and Kaffe-like fabrics to attempt such a design, but it's tempting and I can dream.
Pat