Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, July 28, 2024

A very brief post

Made a start on my latest project but not using the solids in sunshine colours shown in my last post.

My 'strip collection' I am hiding because it's overflowing on my cutting table, but this is my progress so far


I haven't chopped off the corner of the first strip - it's just not laying flat right now. Three more panels to sew and I'm loving making this quilt, a wall quilt really as it will be 60" square and yes, I did state with regard to Across the Fields that I didn't care for square quilts, but this one is the exception! This pattern is Roundabout.

Apart from the above photo I have just two garden photos as I'm in the midst, once again, of re-arranging drawers, project tubs and generally making my sewing room easier to deal with, seems a never ending task.

Who has a Daphne bush in their garden? They're not the brightest flower in the garden but the scent is unbelievable, I have two presently, and what a delicious way to spend a few minutes sitting by the side breathing in the sweet scent.


If I want bright  here is the abutilon, common name Chinese Lantern


All from me for the moment, have a happy week ahead.

Maureen



9 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lovely brights, they will make any day sparkle. Lovely to chat, one day I will manage to fly up and we actually meet in reality. Meantime, I can use Josh's word " Vicariously" to see your fabrics and garden beauties.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad to see you are still busy in the sewing studio. Square quilts on the wall are great, around or over a body not so great. I like square baby quilts too.

Julierose said...

Very pretty KF strips, Maureen;))) they should make a lovely quilt...
The Chinese Lantern bloom is such a beautiful color.
Hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Ooooh - those colors are glorious - what a terrific wall quilt that will become. I don't think I've ever encountered a Daphne bush. Love the color of the abutilon.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love the fabrics you're using. You always use such great colors! Beautiful flowers too!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your beautiful colors! It will come out great!

MissPat said...

I planted a dwarf Daphne a few years ago, but the deer (or rabbits) wouldn't leave it alone and it didn't survive it's first year. This is an interesting looking project. I don't remember you writing about it before. Did I read in a comment you posted on someone's blog that you were involved in a hit-and-run accident? I hope you were not injured and that that car damage was not severe.

Ann said...

As always, such luscious fabrics. Fussy cutting the 3rd from the bottom adds a lots of depth with the "striped" one near the top. You have a good eye. Stay well.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Delightful selection of fabrics Maureen.