Waiting In The Wings

Friday, September 6, 2024

One top finished with another ready to cut

 Just stitching needed around the outside edges of Roundabout and then off into the 'to be quilted' drawer!


Next up is a quilt to be based on the Sea Glass pattern by Emma Di Stefano at Treehouse Textiles

Sailing The Seven Seas will be my take, especially with colours used. Inspiration comes from the oceans and seas which I had the good fortune to sail on in 1962/3. I had a great love of colour as a youngster but the colours seen on those two sea voyages around the world just drew me deeper into this love. It was quite unbelievable.

More on the story later when I actually have the quilt finished.

My fabric pulls are below






A few wild cards below which may pop up



not forgetting the odd possibility of stormy weather or brilliant sunrise and sunset


Hours have been spent in my little studio since my last post dealing with long needed fabric folding and placing in correct colour baskets, sorting through scraps and strips and making decisions on a proposed de-stash. I suspect as fast as I place a piece of fabric for de-stash I will have second thoughts - oh yes, now that could just work with?????

All from me for the moment, I'm desperately trying to come back into my blog posting as often as before, I seen to come across road blocks now and again, as we all do from time to time but fingers crossed I shall get there soon.

Maureen

13 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Your Roundabout is as cheerful as a bright summer day! As I get older and eyes begin to dim I find myself seeking the brighter warmer colors more and more. I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your creations so I hope you will be encouraged to continue blogging and showing us what you are working on.

Julierose said...

I tell you, de-stash isn't so easy--I am ALWAYS 2nd guessing whether to keep a certain fabric or not; I pile the donate pile and let it sit (probably not a good idea) for a few days before finally letting those fabrics go out into the world;)))
I like how "Roundabout" came together a lot!! [do you always stay-stitch around your quilts before quilting?]
Your color pulls for the Sea Glass are looking beautiful together...
Hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Putting away the stacks of fabrics that have been used lately is one thing I procrastinate about. It always makes a fun day though when I do it. Your fabric pull for the next quilt looks exciting.

Juliana said...

Could you remind us the size of Roundabout? I love how cheerful this quilt is. Your different fabric pulls are just gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you are working on next. Yes, do keep making the effort to keep blogging. We all enjoy your posts so much.

Nancy J said...

Those new fabric piles look so beautiful together, this will be a beauty. De stash, I have used up so much of your fabrics in bags and pouches, now to sell some!!!I'll send a photo later.

loulee said...

Roundabout looks very bright and colourful. Having spent a lot of time at sea in my younger days I hear what you are saying about the changing colours. It will be fun to see what you come up with.

MissPat said...

I really like Roundabout. Clever layout and vibrant colors. I'm looking forward to seeing progress on Sailig the Seven Seas. That's a lovely fabric pull.
Pat

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have the Seaglass pattern and have longer range plans to create it in a palette of pinks and creams. I love your interpretation thoughts for Sailing the Seven Seas! Have you found lots of inspiration with the book containing Roundabout?

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Yes, roundabout is warm & summery, your colour choices are always so good.

audrey said...

What a lovely, lovely quilt! So happy and fun looking. It's wonderful to get to quilt top stage and be able to feel a sense of accomplishment. I always feel it at quilt top stage and total completion so basically 2 for the price of 1! Loving all your fabric stacks. So, so yummy looking. You have such excellent taste in fabric.:)

Janie said...

Your Roundabout top is striking! The yellow and orange contrast the blue and green beautifully. Congratulations.

FlourishingPalms said...

You're doing an admirable job of posting regularly! I know the feeling though, and I've been especially remiss at "returning the favor" by visiting and commenting on others' posts. Love the colors you've chosen for a Sea Glass quilt. Just yummy-delicious! I couldn't begin to put together such a quilt from my stash, which is totally boring by comparison. Have a great play with those glorious prints!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love seeing your fabrics. You pick the best fabrics for all your projects. I really like the Roundabout pattern. Your fabrics will look great!