Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Babies and busy days!

It has been a few days since I last posted due to the above!
Our youngest son and his wife had their second baby boy (9lbs 11ozs) on 30th April and we will be going to see him after lunch. After we had the news yesterday morning we went off shopping for goodies for new baby, his 2yr old brother and the proud parents.

Sadly not much sewing done, in fact no sewing done at all  as I am still busy trying to sort out baskets of fabrics ready for my suitcase sale on Saturday at Guild. The idea that there would be lots to take along came to an abrupt end  as when I go through my stash I can't bear to part with any of it!! Back in the basket it goes but anything smaller than a quarter now goes into a large crate and so I should end up with about two empty baskets by doing this. There is a huge pile of patchwork/quilting books to take along though, so I won't be empty-handed.

 Done the stack on the left, mostly Kaffe Fassett and friends,  still have the one on the right plus another single stack and then onto my batik stash below


Still a lot of larger yardage on the shelf under my cutting table but that will have to stay put for the time being, not to mention sorting out my strips in various widths!  
I received a lovely package of scraps  in the mail from Helen in New York -  my scrap swap partner from 15 Minutes Play, lots of lovely pieces  which will used for made fabric, this is such fun thanks to Victoria for organizing. 


The above collection has more fabric than shown in this shot, lots of batiks hiding underneath, and the large piece below I just love - I posted on 15 Minutes and referred to it as my new piece of New York, New York fabric I'm going to hate cutting into this.

Look at this bright collections of scraps, lots of different ones her to play with here

I have found my Fox and Geese pieces which were cut about two years ago! Making it in shades of brown, cream and purples and had just started on sewing the mediums and lights together when  had to have a visit to hospital to have a pacemaker placed and I just threw it all in a drawer and just never returned to it.  I will try and sew a few blocks at  a time in between my two projects for 15 Minutes Play.

Time to go and see our new baby - enjoy the remainder of the week and happy sewing!




1 comment:

imquilternity said...

Congratulations!! Big baby...wow! Your fabrics are so nicely organized. I'll bet you know where everything is when you go to sew. Wish it were like that at my house! :)