Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Scrappy Cats and Prayer Flags

Another week gone by, I have been busy binding my Fractured quilt


I was undecided about the binding earlier but very happy with it now and just two more sides to go!

I have met my goal of 10 more cats - teal this time and will be linking up with everyone at Scrap Happy Saturday. I rarely do solid fabrics so all my cats, whatever colour they be, will usually have a bit of something else in them, although I do love Jinny Beyer fabrics and you will see a Jinny cat in there! I think because of my lighting the cats are slightly deeper in colour in this shot. One looks definitely greener  and another more blue than teal - but they are teal.


Before I end this post I would ask you to do something for me please.
Below I have posted a photo of a Prayer Flag. I contribute to The Prayer Flag Project and if you would go along please and visit you could learn of the tragic circumstance which  led to my making this particular Prayer Flag yesterday. To learn more about the project generally see the button on the right on my sidebar.


Please visit the two links in my post

Maureen

10 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your teal cats are outstanding. I have the fractured quilt on a to do list, love yours.

scraphappy said...

Beautiful quilt. SO many wonderful colors.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your cats are adorable! I love the one in the middle on the bottom... my favorite fabric!

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

I do covet those cats.
Prayer flag so lovely. Our group are busy making happy blocks to whip up a quick quilt for her.

suemac said...

Love the fractured quilt. I have the book and have been admiring all the quilts. Love how you used Kaffe.

imquilternity said...

Love the Fractured... it's looking gorgeous and I think that is the perfect fabric for the binding.

I read the story behind your prayer flag and feel very sad. Such a lovely tribute you've made... such a heart-breaking reason behind it.

Deb A said...

Beautiful teal cats you have! Your prayer flag is lovely and a great tribute to such a brave little girl.

Sarah said...

I love your teal cats. Teal is becoming my new favourite colour! Also love your fractured quilt! I shall pop over to the prayer flag site and take a look

Sheila said...

Love your teal cats!
Such a brave little girl.

Fibre frenzi said...

Love all your quilts!