Waiting In The Wings

Monday, April 21, 2014

Fingers crossed and posting to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014

Yes it is a case of fingers crossed here, my computer is still playing up, well perhaps not so much the computer but a setting that is stopping me connecting to the internet so this post is only happening because my husband has linked up his iPhone and I can do it this way!


Here's my latest cat, I had been searching for more of the Brandon Mably Tent fabric and at last was able to get a hold of a one yard piece, arrived two days ago and I was pleased as anything as I really wanted this fabric in the quilt.

With the loss of internet I have been busy sewing. Almost finished quilting the the cot quilt for our youngest grandson, made another 8" square for the Journal Quilt Project and generally fiddling around with my fabrics! On the subject of fabrics I have sinned yet again!!



As you can see I couldn't resist the new fabrics from KF, PJ and BM - sure you know who I mean here!

The colours are just glorious, I couldn't say which is my favourite but the Gloxinia fabric is especially luscious. Some of the designs are new and a few are older but in new colour ways, these have yet to be put away in their new home but for the moment they are folded neatly on my cutting table so I can keep going back, unfolding, stroking and refolding!



it is precisely 8" square but because of where I was standing it looks as if it has a curve top and bottom, it doesn't!

I need to catch up on all of the posts that are on my dashboard from the past few days so now linking up with everyone at so scrappy Rainbow Scrap Challenge and hoping that my thumb nail for the link is the right size! Late note - other issues cropped up and can't get the cat down to thumbnail - apologies to Angela!

Hope you are all enjoying Easter and finding time to quilt!
May be a few days before I can write another post but fingers crossed that Tuesday may be the day I can get things back in working order.

7 comments:

imquilternity said...

Of course I love your new fabrics! No surprise, right? Your 8" piece is wonderful... I love it! What will you be doing with it?

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow I love that cat fabric!!!! And the others - definitely coveting them :) They would look so pretty in my stash ..... LOL!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The beloved fabric is available here: http://www.deltapatchwork.com/store-detail.php?serID=7842 (there are three colorways available)

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Oh, those new fabrics are just yummy!

LA Paylor said...

the cat is yardage??! It would make an awesome quilt.
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Sally Trude said...

The cat in Mably tent fabric is definitely wonderful. Good thing none of your commenters were devious and gave a good source for buying some.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your cat is great!!! Glad you are able to get back onthe internet too - I spend a lot of time there lol.

LOVE your new fabrics - enjoy!!