Waiting In The Wings

Monday, May 5, 2014

Green Cat Month for Rainbow Scrappy 2014

Here we are with the colour Green for May - just at the time when our greenery is changing to rust in Autumn!
Six more cats from sewing yesterday afternoon and four more cut out.


The cat block is so quick to cut and make and it's pretty easy to find a piece of fabric in scrap at 9" x 6, the black for the background I bought six metres some years ago and it's a great tight weave, what I think of as a "true" black, it was the darker out of about four bolts that I looked at.

I probably could have fit in the remaining four green cats yesterday but was busy pulling more fabric for my HST quilt and fiddling around with placement
and reading more of the book by Rayna Gillman also watching a video download on her process of putting together freeform quilts.

Housework and ironing calling my name now and then hopefully a few hours of uninterrupted
quality sewing time!

Linking up now with Angela and the gang at RSC 2014, lots of lovely quilting going on so have a wander over.


4 comments:

Anna said...

I love your cats, great colours!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think your colorful cat quilt is going to be a knock out!!

Barb in Mi said...

Looking good - you are on a roll! This will be a fabulous cat quilt!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my!!! Your green cats are simply DIVINE!!!!!