Work in Progress
One more diagonal seam to sew on Red Sea Sunset
Yesterday I cut the next three strips for Cotton Candy, as I'm now getting into the longer lengths I'm thinking about a light spray starch on the fabric before I cut to give a little more stability.
Sorry about my shadow!
One of the quilts in Kaffe Quilts in Morocco tempted me, well more than one tempted me, but as I had quite a lot of blues not dissimilar to the one used in the book all I needed to buy in new was the border fabric and three colour ways of Aboriginal Dots. These will hopefully be with me next week.
|Singing the Blues|
The quilt is not really quite as dark as this, the light was not the best when I took the photograph.
I started cutting fabrics yesterday but instead of cutting the given templates from the book I'm using my Accuquilt die which is around a half inch larger than the size given and I have the triangle die to fit.
The straight cut edge of the hexagon is four and a half inches, the one in the book is four but I can either have a larger quilt or cut out one row of hexagons on the top and one side. Hope to get on with more cutting today and then it's on to orange cats tomorrow.