Waiting In The Wings

Friday, November 18, 2022

Procrastination

Is anyone else out there guilty of the above?? I seem to have been in a state of procrastination for the best part of this year, however, over the past three weeks I've been tidying, deciding which quilts will be quilted in the coming year and I aim to finish a couple of projects, new ones are destined for 2023 also.

I came across a great article on the above subject, if anyone is interested here's the link https://jamesclear.com/procrastination - it's very long but fascinating.

One thing I didn't procrastinate about was this book, the courier delivered just now



I couldn't resist a quick peek - it's unbelievably stunning - guess what I'm reading tonight! On the stitching side of life not much has happened due to the above word in the heading of the post, but I do have a small stack of more 16 patch blocks



more will be sewn this coming weekend, husband is out on a painting  day Sunday so I can just sit and sew without any interruptions.

A few new Tula Pink fabrics arrived from the Moon Garden range, two of my favourites here



I just love the owls! The snakes are amazing but I didn't photograph those this time around, this post is top heavy enough with photos but I do have below some of the roses in the garden. First one is, I think, Princess Anne and second, just cannot remember, I'll check in my David Austin book later, third one is a modern rose and fourth is the rambler Veilchenblau growing along our back fence







My spacing seems to be playing up for me right now I'll work on that for the next post.

Back to my book!

Maureen

9 comments:

loulee said...

One of my favourite things to do...
That dragonfly fabric is beautiful and so are your roses.

Julierose said...

Love your vibrant 16 patches--they are so glorious!! That looks like a fabulous book for you to read :))) enjoy--procrastination tries to become my "middle name" hahaha sometimes it does win, too!! Not much sewing going on here either, Maurenn. Need to find my mojo--I think it's on a vacation....
Hugs Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That book won't be released here until Dec. 13 through Amazon. I hadn't heard about it. I wonder if it will a lot different than his biography book from a few years ago.
I like those new Tula fabrics too and had to buy a few. It's her colors in this line and the last line that I like.
Your roses are beautiful. That's one thing that I don't grow.
Procrastination is one of my faults too. I get up thinking about all the things I could do and then start second guessing some of my decisions or just putting off until tomorrow, which we know never comes. It is always today.

FlourishingPalms said...

"Procrastination" is different for different people, isn't it? I think most often that when I think I procrastinate, I'm intentionally choosing to work on something else, rather than whaat I should be working on. While I'm not looking for something new or out-of-the-ordinary to do, I'm simply choosing something different. Usually I can "discuss" this with myself, and quickly understand that I don't HAVE to work on one thing or another... I can choose what I feel like doing. With that choice made I am content, and never feel guilty. I guess I'm saying that I seldom procrastinate; I just choose differently. Maybe you do the same. If so, that mean you're not a procrastinator.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

ohhhhh the 16 patch blocks... they are so bright and happy they have to inspire you!!!!

And yes - I go thru phases of procrastination... sometimes its quilting, sometimes its chores, haha!! Glad you are getting back to inspired!

Ann said...

I feel like I’ve been clearing old projects out this year and I’m tired, too. There are a couple of new ideas I’d like to start… once I get over being scared of them. Reading is always a solace. You find the best books to inspire. Thanks for the link to the article, too.

Kaja said...

I was listening just the other day to something on the radio about procrastination. I'll check out the link and see if it's the same person. It sounds like you are warming up to your quilting again, which is good, though if my garden was full of such lovely roses, I would be out there all day.

Janie said...

Yes! Your Tula Pink fabric with owls is gorgeous.
And your rose photos are cheerful and lovely, I think I can smell them! Thanks for sharing.
We have snow this morning here, tis the season to bundle up.

Julie said...

I've just had to request that book from the library, looking forward to it arriving. This wind and rain must be playing havoc with your garden at present. Isn't the Tula dragonfly print beautiful. Hope you're keeping well.