Waiting In The Wings

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Short and sweet .......

We are still battling on here in New Zealand, not quite believing what has taken place, truly a disaster!

The human spirit is alive and well with everyone helping each other, support and the necessities of life are
being freely given. This is not a fix in a few months but a few years, quite a few years. 

I have been lucky enough to have a box of new fabric arrive at my door, a new mini hi-fi in my sewing room, I will now be able to play my CDs and listen to radio. Lots of folks will have lost these sort of items and I do have pangs of guilt at being one of the lucky ones, not to have lost anything. 


Beautiful Daisies



Shiraz in four different colourways


I have 16 blocks stitched up for Maggie Pearl and on the wall in sets of two each in similar colour.
More all ready for the making and then decisions can be made on which blocks will be kept in the mix and will not make it! The colour is slightly subdued in some of the fabrics, the opposite in others. The bottom left hand bottom block will likely not be included, doesn't seem to work for me. You need to enlarge to see the detail clearly.



Time is being spent working on settings on my iPhone camera side of things, it's pretty complex, all things relating to colour need more work. 

Not enough time has been given to quilting over the past week due to a cortisone shot in my right shoulder to help my torn rotator cuff and the left shoulder was the recipient of a B12 shot. Test shows too  low a level of this vitamin, the report suggests to consider Pernicious Anaemia - not a happy thought, I now need to have the shots every 3 months.

There was a stunning sunset a couple of days ago 


shame about the top of the tree! 

All for now, happy quilting and hopefully more quilting content next post.

Maureen













7 comments:

Nancy J said...

Not a tree, just a big hedgehog. I,too, felt guilty that we still have a home, no flooding, no silt, all lour belongings where they should be, then yesterday I saw a home that had flood water to the roof.Years, probably, and some people will never recover what they have lost. Love yo9ur fabrics, and I agree, on enlarging the photo, the bottom left just doesn't fit with the others.Hope the B12 works well, I need a top up with injections every so often.Will catch up with you this week, our older daughter is 60 on Monday.!!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

We had that same “ping of guilt” years ago when a tornado touched down 2 blocks from our house (living in northern Indiana at the time). Houses were flattened compared to only minor tree damage for us. Gratitude is a complicated thing. Your Maggie Pearl blocks glow (agree about the lower left block). That sunset is glorious and I honestly don’t mind the tree (adds scale to the image).

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good to hear from you. Guilt never helps anyone. Living in gratitude and helping where you can, being gracious and kind- work much better. Guilt paralyzes. Gratitude liberates. Love your version of the Maggie Pearl. I downloaded the pattern and would love to try it. Keep on being in your sewing room.

Julierose said...

I am sorry to hear about NZ's devastation!! Re-building after that will take a while for sure!
I like your Maggie Pearl--coming together really well..
Rotator cuff injuries can be so painful--hoping your pain lessens--I could not even sleep lying down with mine!! Rest up and get better...
Hugs, Julierose

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I haven't purchased that first fabric yet, had it in my basket and took it out on one order. It is so pretty.
I wouldn't eliminate any of the Maggie Pearl blocks until you have them all made. One that isn't a favorite really isn't going to show up much in a quilt of many blocks. I see some other people don't care for it either but I think it fits in just fine. It makes you look at it twice to see the pattern and I think that makes it interesting.

loulee said...

That Daisy fabric is beautiful. It's always good to get squishy mail packages. I know what you mean about feeling a little guilty, down here in the South we barely felt the cyclone. It is going to take a long time to put things right.

Kaja said...

I know things are terrible for so many, but I am grateful you are not amongst them. I like what Julie said, that gratitude is a complicated thing. I like your blocks a lot, including the bottom left one, though I can see why it feels a little out of place. If you decide not to use it, do keep it for something else, as it's a lovely pairing.