Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Birds,Blooms and hint of Spring

We are now into Thursday here in NZ and have to say I haven't achieved much at all!!



I have found the backing for New York Blooms and my thread for the hand quilting on the blooms, I have machined in the ditch around the four blocks, pink narrow border and will do something maybe in the subway border.









Hoping to work on the blocks for my daughter, 30 quarter log cabins completed - 80 to go!
I am enjoying making this one but whether it will be finished and quilted before her birthday at the end of August is debatable, partly due to the fact that I am sewing with my left leg resting on a low stool due to a ?tear in the meniscus in my left knee, which is extremely, extremely painful. Crutches for walking so as to avoid weight bearing when possible, a bit of a nightmare to say the least.
I have lessened the problem slightly by ordering fabric for our youngest grandson a quilt and as the postage from eQuilter was the same whether I just ordered that or another 10 or so yards I decided to go with the extra batiks.  Retail therapy in action, now I have to hobble round trying to make room for them before they arrive here. Another incentive to buy was the fact that there was a special for half price postage so couldn't refuse that could I?

My next item on my to do list is to create another to do list putting all the projects in order of importance and urgency and hopefully progress will be made.

Been spending some time watching the birds busy feeding in the front garden and the first little primrose flowering - roll on Spring



I know I have posted photos of these little wax eyes before but they are "moreish" and just so friendly, as soon as I spike the fat for them they fly in out of the rose bush, not worried about me at all, you can see this cheeky chap posing for his photograph.

 Hopefully more progress on my projects to show next posting, happy quilting all, until next time
 Maureen



1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Retail therapy is a good pain reliever for sure. I hope your knee heals soon. Hand quilting will be a good project for now.