Waiting In The Wings

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Catching up!


Yesterday first on my list of things to do was   deciding on backing for my Fractured quilt - for those who haven't caught up with the Fractured Quilt Along just click on the appropriate label on my side bar, there were a number of posts.
The very bright tropical fabric had been earmarked earlier and was long enough but not wide enough so that took me along to sorting through the fabrics under my cutting table. I had a huge pile of fabrics put aside for backings but the only ones I could find which were bright enough were half yard pieces, I pulled these four and will have them on either side of the tropical for my width. They have been there so long the creases from the folding are pretty obvious but  a light iron with steam should put this right. 


Also came across this Nancy Halvorsen calendar panel and as you can see the date was 2007!!!! I had intended just using the the Angels  along with the fat quarters I bought at the same store but never got around to it, would love to do this for Christmas this year but somehow I think my chances of that are pretty slim.






Last quilty thing yesterday was to put up the nine blocks which I started for 15 Minutes Play and I still need to make another seven blocks using the "made" fabric. The blocks  finish at 6"square and then I have to think of the border.  Sadly this photo isn't showing the true colour of the Pear Aboriginal Dot fabric, it really is a lovely soft green/yellow. 

My Midnight At The Oasis is coming along and all ready to start on the Churn Dash blocks - all 3" of them!

Back to sorting fabrics - have a good week

Maureen







3 comments:

Ali Honey said...

I love the colours in your backing fabrics.
You could start the angels and have them ready for next Christmas?

Julierose said...

Your backing problems seem to be similar to mine--most of my cuts are fat quarters and/or single yards--never quite enough to back any large quilts...I intend this year to buy backings to remedy this stash "problem" (gives me a chance to get some more goodies!!LOL) Hugs, Julierose--

imquilternity said...

Your 15 Minutes of Play blocks are wonderufl! How bright and colorful - can't wait to see what comes next. Good luck with the tiny Churn Dash blocks... I'm still working on the applique border. :)