This morning a post from Jess of The Elven Garden came up in the list on my dashboard
which detailed a scheme with Rebecca about not buying more fabrics and using what we have in our stash - brilliant idea!!
I have been quilting and buying fabric for around 30 years now, had numerous sales at our Guild to reduce stash and books but still my shelves and baskets are overflowing, so I bit the bullet and will be joining
- To use the Stash I already have!
- Finish UFOs without distraction by shifting to other new beautiful fabric.
- Stop the insanity of constantly buying the latest and greatest fabric.
- Save the $$ I spend on stashing.
- Destash the fabrics that I realize I am never going to use.
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning January 1, 2014.
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation July 1, 2014.
3) Create a UFO list and complete them!
- Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable.
- Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too.
- Swap Mama Fabric: if hosting a swap you are permitted to by fabric to execute swap duties, but you may not join a swap simply for the sake of being able to buy fabric!
- Quilts for Publication: if you are making a quilt for a publication and need certain fabric to execute it correctly then that is a major exception - who can blame you?
The button is on my right hand side bar so click there or the links to Jess and Rebecca above and find out all the details.
I now feel rather smug that I have a lot of new fabrics bought over the past month to sort and put away, plus I am expecting another order from Glorious Colour, hopefully sometime next week - do I feel guilty? No - fabrics below some from Glorious Color and others from BryerPatch
OK time to get some serious sorting in my quilting room