Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Making Progress ...

Slowly but surely the quilt for my grand-daughter
is moving along, faster progress would be
made if my back didn't limit the time I can sit and sew!


These rows are just pinned onto the design wall presently
tomorrow I should be able to get them together.
I'm quilting this myself but doing it in two halves, I don't
feel like wrangling another large quilt through the machine.

Progress has been made with my Rail Fence as part of
the Quilt Along over at
Cultural Fusions Quilt Blog,
in addition to my blog here I also post there, quite a group
of us are now contributing.


So one more to add to the quilting line!
A second Rail Fence will be cut out, all being well, next week.
The blocks are a good size - 16 inches and quite addictive!

Something exciting is on the cards with
Kaja of Sew Slowly
and
Ann of Fret Not Yourself
coming up with the great idea of an improv online group

Ad Hoc Improv Quilters

go along to either blog, or both,  to see what it's all about, I have
a button also on my side bar.

That's all for now, hoping to have something to post
for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this weekend, see you then.

Maureen


7 comments:

Leeanne said...

Pretty quilt for your granddaughter. What a shame you back is painful. best wishes.

Julierose said...

Oh what a sweet quilt for your granddaughter! I am moving along slowly with my own Scrappy Rails; another block to sew together; I do them in small sections, as rotary cutting is hard for me...I am thinking of using scissors (gasp!) for my next one--I started out that way...maybe easier to do that gentle curve....we'll see...have a good weekend,,hugs, Julierose

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your granddaughter's quilt is looking very pretty! I love how the soft pastel bits contrast with the smaller triangles... very effective!

Sally Trude said...

Your granddaughter's quilt is a stunner. Those lights are perfection. Did you already have all those lights in your stash?

Ann said...

Zigzags are you these days. I love the way they come and go on your granddaughter's quilt. And I know you don't like the solids on Rail Fence, but it has such a 1940's look. It's certainly a fun block. I'm looking forward to your next one.
Thanks for passing AHIQ along!

Kaja said...

I love the colours in your grand-daughters quilt. Every time I visit here I want to go and buy more Kaffe Fassett fabrics - you use his glorious colours so effectively. Thanks for the AHIQ mention.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Love the colors for your grand daughter's quilt. I have a similar stash that's awaiting inspiration. In the meantime I'm planning on making a new Cascade with Amy Butler fabrics and new colors.