Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Almost There - RSC 2014

Yes, almost time to call it a day for my kitties!
Six more to add this week which actually brings me over the
total number needed and I now must  make a decision 
as to whether I add another vertical row to make
the quilt a little wider. Present measurement would be
70" x 81" and I guess this would be a good size.







There are a few cats in my collection
in the Guinea Flower design
which I'm very fond of. Rings
also I have, I think, in most
colourways.

Seems as if I once again I have resized one of the cats slightly larger  - the one here on the right - looks like a much fatter creature!







Beloved Batiks - I love working with these because it doesn't fray and the 
colours are glorious.  
The gingko kitten on the left I think is just beautiful, this is the only colour way I have in this design. Had I known it was going to look so amazing when the fabrics arrived 
I would have chosen a couple more colours.



 Besides my cats I'm into quilting my Purple Challenge piece and loving it, cutting more H blocks today and plan to work on Cotton Candy tomorrow.
If the old knees were in good working order I would be basting my Bargello but that's going to 
have to wait for another day.

After all the rain we've had here in NZ the garden is looking lush and flowers opening up left right and centre, the rose below is either Yellow Charles Austin or Graham Thomas, I've lost the label! It's a beauty.


Quickly on the subject of flowers I am expecting a bundle of digitally printed fabrics from
Fingerprint and one of their fabrics is just covered in fallen rose blooms, quite a delight to see. If you have the time go and have a peep.

Posting this now and linking up with Angela and all at RSC 2014.
Hope you're all having a happy weekend.

8 comments:

Sally Trude said...

I keep quilts smaller unless I have a particular bed in mind. And extra cats could always find a home on the back. I look forward to seeing your arrangement...

Leeanne said...

This will be the 'purrfect' quilt for a cat lover!

Julierose said...

Love your cats especially that Ginko one! they will all play so well together I think...hugs, Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

These cat blocks are so cute and each one has their own little personality!

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

So sad to see the puss cat family has reached its limit.
First roses always so pretty.
My David Austiin Mary Rose has just had its first blooms, a favourite of mine

Kate said...

Cute and fun kitties. It's going to be a colorful quilt.

Cathy said...

Oh, a large quilt of your cats....what fun that will be!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think you are going to have a LOT of fun arranging the kitties into a quilt top!!