Waiting In The Wings

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Colour Challenges

A few days ago I posted my purple block here all ready for me to deconstruct and put into the Purple Colour Challenge organised by Aotearoa Quilters here in New Zealand. Had to be predominantly purple and 12" x 12" - here is my finished piece

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil


after another check for threads and a light press it was
 off by courier yesterday for the receiving deadline of tomorrow (Friday here)
 and I can see from the tracking system that it's out for delivery today, fingers crossed there are no hiccups along the way!

The only other achievements since my last post was more shifting things around in my studio, I really do have too much stuff crammed in here but I'm working on it slowly. My main issue is to come up with the best system I can for sorting my scraps I have stacks and stacks in assorted boxes and bags and drawers and it really annoys me to have to spend time hunting through these for what I need!

I decided on a pattern for a quilt for one of our grand-daughters now that I have the yardage of Guinea Flowers in a dusky pink on my shelf.



Also a few more H blocks and the next step here is to get them up on the wall
to see whether I need more brights and which colours, I have 36 so far.



Today more tidying and hopefully the last three rounds on Cotton Candy, ideally I would like to baste Red Sea Sunset but we'll see!



3 comments:

Sally Trude said...

Excellent! The polka dots and triangles were put to good use. And I bet your cats are VERY well behaved now that they've seen what you did to that fractured quilt block.

Charlotte Scott said...

Good to see another purple challenge on it's way. Must go and check my tracking number.....

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my - I LOVE that purple block!!!!