Waiting In The Wings

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Last of the Blues!

Yes it's officially the last Saturday (Sunday here in NZ) for anything Blue for Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014, sounds as if something exciting is in the pipeline for 2015 so go along over to
Angela at superscrappy
she's not giving much away but
Vicki over at Field Trips in Fiber
will have details in her December Newsletter.

Well, I am all "catted out" right now but have two more 16 patch blue blocks


excuse the large watermark on this and the next photo, far too large but I'll remedy this for next post.

My H blocks kept me busy yesterday and some were blue, well sort of blue


I made a few positive and negatives in two other colours and four others





so nothing exciting this post I'm afraid!

I'm trying to organise my three tubs of scraps but it's a mammoth task and only possible to achieve this in short bursts. I must have some fabrics in there from up to 20 years ago and I suspect some of these may end up being culled and go on to be given away.

Time for putting all my cats together this month and I need to baste Red Sea Sunset and Cotton Candy, these two should be basically straight line quilting, the tricky quilting will come when I have to work out how to quilt my cats.
I'm off to link up with
RSC 2014
Happy Quilting
Maureen




6 comments:

scraphappy said...

Best of luck with yours scrap organizing. Looks like lots of lovely fabrics so far. Beautiful positive and negative effects.

LA Paylor said...

M-
I love your cat blocks so much. Thanks for visiting my blog as well, and always leaving good comments! I love to see Mystic Quilter's been there. It's coming into winter for real around here in Maryland, good to hear about Summer in your place. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Leeanne said...

really like the fabric of the first positive/negative block, subway fabric?
Happy times quilting your cats.

Sally Trude said...

Love the positive and negative. Very shifty. I seek out Bonnie Hunter posts when I need motivation to organize scraps.

Barb in Mi said...

Yes, good luck with stash organizing - I need to do this urgently, too. Great blue blocks - you surely are plugging (spelling?) away at them.

Fibre frenzi said...

I always like to see your scrappy cats!!